• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnetonka 7/19

Got out and did a little of everything. Water temps were 79 a little better. Found some crappies and the usual plethora of sunnies. Switched gears and moved out to deeper water to see what was there. Lots of arcs so did some three way trolling thinking walleyes. Ended up catching good sized northerns and they were feisty. Got a bath on every release. Good to see fish were actively feeding. Bait of choice was a #7 chartreuse and white shad rap. Had to be hitting 20 to 22ft depths to get bit. I'm sure walleyes were holding in the area but I guess I wasn't out there in the feeding their window.

good night to be out with almost no traffic. Biggest slimer was 37" which puts it in musky territory in my book. None of them hit hard but they all played tug of war once they figured out they were hooked. All the fish were on a break to deeper water away from the weed edge. Nothing happening on the weed edges. Going to concentrate on muskies for rest of week.

37" is not too shabby! At least it's a nice alternative to muskies for now. Seeing any skies breaking the surface as of late? I'm thinking topwater is in order any day here. Otherwise we can't omit trolling after dark. wink.gif

Time to get back on my favorite lake!!

I thought I had a huge walleye on until I got the fish to the boat. No head shaking and it would not come up off the bottom. Still it made my night. I saw 2 muskies right on top last night chasing sunnies but I only had a crappie rod and a 3-way rig with me. Both fish were well away from the outside weed edge but I have been marking a lot of suspended panfish out deep. Neither fish was over mid 30s but I will be throwing some topwaters in those spots tonight. You'll see what I mean when you get out tomorrow. The panfish are hanging out in open water suspended from 5 to 12 ft. Find them and you will see some muskies. Getting the muskies to hit a lure is another story though.

I picked up a Salmo bluegill just for that reason. At least then I can duplicate what they are eating.