• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading into Wood Lake June 5th. Have been there in July once before and did fairly well on the east end bay for nice walleyes (averaged about 20" - 25"). This time I think we will base camp on Wood and I would like to head up to Basswood and maybe try the lakes in between (the names escape me right now). Any suggestions on hitting these other lakes, or spots on wood other than the east end? Like to fish all species, especially big pike, but like nice smallie action and eyes to eat.

Wallyassasin,

Have not been to Birch Lake. I've heard of it, but can't remember where it is.

Will make another posting about entry points I've been to, with comments on each. Hope to get some more insight on what I may have missed.

Ive went in at wood lake 5 times. It goes wood, hula,indiana or good depending on wich portage you take then basswood last year we stayed on good lake and boy was it good we cought tons of smallies and pike and had a few 10,11,12 pounders a few walleys and they were nice too hula lake is an excellent pike lake 1 after onother with a few big ones fish the shore w/clowncolor or fire tiger raps
good luck

P.S. do you know anything about birch lake?

Ive went in at wood lake 5 times. It goes wood, hula,indiana or good depending on wich portage you take then basswood last year we stayed on good lake and boy was it good we cought tons of smallies and pike and had a few 10,11,12 pounders a few walleys and they were nice too hula lake is an excellent pike lake 1 after onother with a few big ones fish the shore w/clowncolor or fire tiger raps
good luck

P.S. do you know anything about birch lake?