• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

muskies in white bear

Going to fish white bear on thursday for the muskie. Dont know too much about the lake but we talked to are old boss and he told us we should go there. What kind of lures should we be throwing in the warm waters. and any where abouts to fish would help also.

Not sure about WB. But Bald Eagle has been kicking out some fish for my uncle and buds. Best luck has been on lures with black and orange.

Good luck

Was out there last week.... best advice would be to look to spots away from as much boat traffic as possible.

As for the lures: Saw a lot of small sunnies breaking the surface, just read one about a guy on WBL that had a muskie grab his sunny, so maybe look to a crank bait presentation to mimic the sunnies? They were scattered across the weed beds. There's a Rapala shad rap in a bluegill pattern that I wish I had when I was out there.

Good luck!

i have never fished white bear this time of year for the marchetty. i have seen a fair number of fish on large spinner baits come out of there in june and had some luck on small sandcats. later in september and october the fish have come from orange blade/black hair bucktails and large sucker minnows.

there are some great humps to cast in the middle of the first lake between the marked bar and the gap between the island and peninsula. i would try the south side of the island and peninsula first thing in the morning and move out to the humps later.

good luck getting your boat out if you fish past 10 on a sunny day. i was out at the beach a couple of weeks ago and it was a complete zoo; there had to be a 45 minute to an hour wait to get a boat in or out.

If you get out of bed early the lake is just about dead. Was out there on Sunday at 5:30 fished till about 10. And was one of the few boats at the access when I left. Had no issues at all. I was fishing on the south shore by bellaire on sunday. we were on the edge of the weeds pulling cranks and had a huge 50+ incher roll about 20 feet from the boat. They are deffinitly in there. Good Luck.

That has been key for me on White Bear. Out at 4-4:30 and off the water buy 10. The lake is nice and peaceful with just a few muskie guys and some fishing for those other species; sand carp, sun carp, striped carp, small mouth carp etc. It seems like there is a bell goes of at 10 AM and the recreation boats come out and the fish go hide in an instant.