• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JBZWART

Minnetonka

JBZWART

I will be fishing on Minnetonka this evening for bass and walleye. I haven't been on Tonka yet this year, any advise will be helpful. Thanks

JDZWART

Did you forget about opener on Minnetonka?

Tonka Boy

I've been out of town as of late so I don't have any current info for you, but here's what I would do...

For bass I would start by pitching under the deeper docks. During low-light conditions break out the scum frogs and work the lilly pads and/or poppers along the outer edge. Pretty much any area that looks good will hold fish so experiment.

For walleyes I would wait until after dark and pitch jigs/live bait to the inside weed line. Your going to want to find a place that current pushes through such as narrow, shallow points or neck down areas (flat bottom - not big breaks). Toss out your presentaion and slowly hop and drag it back. Once you find them you can often switch up to cranks for better quality. You likely won't see these fish on electronics so just start out a ways and move in slowly and quietly. You'll know within the first few minutes if you're in a good area.

Good luck!

markkstanley

Walleyes are holding at the bottom of breaks 25ft to 30ft but I haven't been able to hit a feeding window. I haven't used live bait rigs so that might work. Some fellow FMers do well by locating the boat on the outside weed edge and casting jigs out into the deeper water and working them back up to the weed edge. Also working jigs parallel to weed edge works. Tonka Boy's suggestions are your best bet if you are out after sunset. Keys are big weed flats with steep breaks and current areas. Don't forget the windblown shore is a current area.

wishahzafishin

I only get out less than once a week for walleyes, (only thing I target) and have been blessed with at least with one per outing, all 20" or more, on leeches 23 FOW just away from coontail. For me that is outstanding success grin.gif. We caught 5 pike with the walleye last Sat am on Wayzata bay - Gills were thick on the surface and yes something (assuming muskies now) were in a feeding frenzy from 5-6 am, just before the muskie boats showed up.