• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I knew this would get your attention!!What the heck is everyone afraid of a little heat and a few skeeters!Where are all the reports!If you check around other forums,I'm lookin' for a skeeter suit! Makes a guy mad,work all week in the heat and I have fish in it along with a the skeeters!! Anyone fishin' Franklin Derby Days or is that a secret too!!Good cattin'I think I'm gonna have a headache in the mournin'Good Cattin' Jigster(I know I always repeat myself)HA HA

Catfish derby days? Hmm Never heard of it. smirk.gif Na man I fish it every year. Never really get anything That weekend but it's worth a try. My cousin won it a few years ago with a 43 Pound cat. Me though I think I use up all my luck in may and june. Caught All my hogs in those months. Changing tatics this year. Maybe that will bring me luck. Are you going ? If so good luck.

Thats this weekend right? Sat-Sun or Fri-Sat? I'll probably go check it out.

Registration I think is at 4:00pm on Friday and you can fish I believe up until the cut-off at 12:00 on Sunday for weigh in before the parade!

Yo Jigster if anyone is a little afraid of a few skeeter's it's got to be you man grin.gif A bug suit confused.gif Come on man what happen to your sence of adventure confused.gif don't you like going home after a hard night of flating feeling weak from the lack of BLOOD grin.gif

There's is no way that Iam fishing the derby at Franklin this year. One it's a full moon, two, I here tell that Dark30 may be up that way shocked.gif And he's looking to steal my monkey back. Thanks to a inside tip that I got at the rat meet in kato this past weekend grin.gif I may get to keep the monkey for a while longer.

Jigster I plan on be up that way on the 5th or 6th of August. Thats the dark of the moon. You want to hook up confused.gif But then maybe you should stay home so the big bad skeeter's don't get you tongue.gif We need to get some fishing done together befor Dark finds away to steal the monkey back grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Dragon master,

How much influence does the moon have on the flatheads? Sounds like you plan your fishing according to the moon. Sounds very interesting, I have never thought about how the moonlight could effect the fishing. marc

Marc, this just my two cents on how I feel about a full moon, there are some river rats that feel that a full moon is the best time to be out. But in the 8 years or so that I have been on the river with a full moon they have been some of the longest nights of my life. I got my frist 40lb on a full moon but only after the moon had set behind the trees and the shadows from the trees had coverd the pool, the same with my 53lb flat, not a bite till the full moon had gone down behind the trees and the shadows had coverd the pool. Two years ago there were 8 of us set up in 3 boats all in aline along the bank, I think there were about 325 lbs of flats caught that night, It was the same as above. We were the only ones to catch any flats that night. We were fishing an out side bend that had a lot of wood, 18 foot of water and the spot was coverd with shadows all night. Everyone in the group was giveing me a hard time about the full moon, till we got back to the landing and talked to about a doz other flatheaders. We were the only ones to catch any fish at all that night.

Iam not saying you can;t catch flats on a full moon. But you have to run a lot of river at night just to find a spot that is coverd with shadows from the trees, I for one do not like running the river at night. I just have to much to lose and if my other half ever found out that I was running the river at night she would kick my butt big time blush.gif and that would be the end of flatheading.

Well the fish still need to feed so they are gonna still bite on a full moon BUT they are gonna go where they have the advantage over their prey, which would be the darker areas so what dragon is saying about fishin when the moon is off the river or hiden makes perfect sense.

But with that being said the full moon isnt gonna keep me off the river. The season is too short and a non catching night on the river is still better than not being out on the river at all.

rob

Hey Dragon, I don't think I need my old monkey back... I got a new one. Um, its a girl monkey cause I'm getting the "look" already. If I remember right...you got a boy monkey. Anybody want a baby monkey?mfight.gif

Dark if I remember right Kyle B and his dad wanted one grin.gif But then I comeing down with oldtimers disease confused.gif It might have been that they want three monkeys crazy.gif

Well if you find someone that wants or should have a no fish monkey let me know i got for sale CHEAP!! mad.gif if fact i'll bring it to them grin.gif

Does anyone know how long these Monkey's can live for?

Why do they only target flatheads?

I've had mine since 1990, and it shows no sign of aging. My biggest flat to date is only #12. The only reason I got that. Was a few years back, I went for wallys in mid-Dec, it was 26 degrees when we launched. So my monkey thought it was to cold and stayed home.

Later Phil

Dragon I think you slipped that monkey into my backpack on Satuday night cuz I havent had a run since friday night!

Although I did wake up to find a 22lb flat on my line tuesday morning.

Was out for about 9hrs last night with 3 people and not one of us had a run!mad.gif

rob

Rob if I din't know better. I'd be thinking you were smoking that wackey weed crazy.gif Man it has gone in one ear and out the other grin.gif It took me two years to train the monkey to fish, and there is no way that I would give him up tongue.gif One more time , IT"S THE FULL MOON .... grin.gifgrin.gif

Rob don't let dragonmaster fool you i think your right with dragon putting those no fish monkeys someplace we can't find them mad.gif last time i was fishing with him all i could get was little c-cats and no flats now your not getting nothing see my point? confused.gif