• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
hondavxr

Going for a extended weekend trip to the BWCA

hondavxr

This will be my 7th year to the BWCA. I have canoed and camp everywhere from Larch Lake, Brule, Sea Gull, and many others. The difference about this year is that there will be some young ones that I am bringing with me. Do you guys have any suggestions on locations where I could set up camp and canoe with little portage or travel from entry points? I need a location that still will be fun for the youngster to also catch fish. Maybe I am asking for too much. I don't think the young ones are going to like to portage for miles and canoe a hour or more to get to camp. If all else fails I think it Brule lake again. Thanks for all the suggestions.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• paceman
      Went for a short hunt yesterday morning. Heard a few gobbling on the roost on the neighbors land. They did not come my way and did not make any sounds once they flew down. It was great to be in the blind with the bow again. I am always amazed how loud the spring woods are. Every bird in the country was going crazy. Ducks, geese, crows, woodpeckers... music to my ears! Might get out again Sunday afternoon with my son and then myself Monday morning depending if we see anything Sunday....
    • OhioVike
      Tom, good thoughts now we need good weather!
    • OhioVike
      I have to admit I never heard of it.  I will certainly give it a try.  I am surprised by the number of people that haven't done the cheeks before.  This will really get em.  Thanks.  
    • imhatz
      I heard back from Michael Schwanke a guide working out of Crane Lake that I have known for several years. I told him we are heading up on May 17th. He said it will be close real close. I depends on the night temps need to remain over freezing.....we will keep fingers crossed for a week or two and then decide what to do.
    • Wakemup
      This is great! I’ve never heard of this either Skunked, thanks for sharing- will give it a shot this summer!
    • Borch
      Sounds like a blast!  My time has shifted to turkey hynting prep.  So it looks like I'm done despite good ice conditions.  But I'm a bit jealous of you all.
    • smurfy
      One thing I'd like to add, they live about 2 miles north of remer on hwy 6.
    • Brandon Klatt
      Went up to Knife lake today to see if i could find some slab crappies. After drilling countless holes and only 1 crappie to show for it was thinking about packing it in. Then i notice a mark 1ft under the ice, bam a nice 12in slab. fished 2:45-8pm, bite was good 6:30-8.  Caught a good amount of crappies, key was to be 6-8ft of water and most fish were 1-4ft down. All crappies were released, with how hard this lake gets its nice to see there's still slabs in there and wish the DNR would put a 5 crappie limit on the lake, even down to 3 would be great. 
    • leech~~
      I think Duff has been hacked? He's replying to posts over a year old now?
    • smurfy
      You might be fighting for room with all the geese ducks and swans!!