• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyepatrol

Cleaning water spots

Question

eyepatrol

***I mean "SPOTS" not "Sports"*** confused.gif

I'm trying to get the windshield and motors on my boat cleaned as spotless as possible, but have a few water spots on each that I'm having difficulty getting off.

Any suggestions or potions to get rid of them? I've heard that a vinegar/water mix will do the trick, but I'm hesitant on doing that since I've no idea if that would hurt or damage them.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

bassman186

I've used the vinegar/water "potion" and it gets the job done. I've never had any problems with it doing damage.

~Matt Jung

eyepatrol

Thanks bassman. I'll give it a test try tomorrow. I've also got some carwash cleaner and might try that too.

river-rat4

Basscatcher-

I worked at Minnetonka Boatworks in the early 90's. All of the boats were cleaned with a vinegar/water solution. Weather it was a new boat delivery or the Twins player Chillie Davis's 35" Wellcraft docked at the marina. We sprayed it on all of the surfaces, vinyl, plastic, glass, fiberglass and the list goes on. No other cleaning products were used in cleaning other than a vaccum or boat wax.

I wouldn't worry one bit about using vinegar/water.

Clean away!

Thanks again for the Strikemaster blades, haven't found enough ice to try them out yet! I'll keep looking.

Brandt

wingnutken

I use a product called Nautical Ease Water Spot Remover. Spay it on, hose it off. Works better than vinegar. I got it at Champion Auto,Ken

kato811

what percentage do you mix it?

WaveWacker

Just go with straight up Vinager. Wax afterwards.

Rost

Windex or Simple Green works well for the whole boat.

Kab Dreamin

I mixed a 50/50 vinegar/water solution and it cleaned off all of the water spots and general Lake Minnetonka slime I have been struggling to get off.....and all without scrubbing! It works great! Thanks for the tip.

jigeye

I tried a 50/50 mixture also and my fiberglass boat looks like new agian. smile.gif

wingnutken

I just did mine with nautical ease (it's also biodegradeable) and my boat doesn't smell like a pickle tongue.gif