• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a good pup!

LovenLifeGuy

I am looking to purchase a yellow lab pup in september and I am looking for any help locating a good one. I do a lot of duck/goose hunting and that is what I mainly want "him" for, but I do a little upland hunting as well. If anyone knows of some pups that will be due around that time or knows of someone they have had good experiences with in the past the info would be great. Thanks in advance!

LovenLifeGuy

I'm in the same boat. I am looking for a yellow lab for duck and upland hunting. I am just beggining to contact breeders around the state, but don't know if I want to spend 800+ on a dog.

So far I have talked with Stu and Alma Bottoms. They have the highest price dogs I have looked at but garuntee pointing and full health.

Now....my question is do I spend a lot on a pup and plan on doing all my own training, or do I spend less and plan to send the dog to training if I don't feel I am doing a well enough job.

I assume some dogs may be more trainable than others.

Any info on any breeders or upcoming litters around the area would be great.

Please post your ad in the Puppies/Dogs/Breeding Service For Sale - Hunting Dogs Forum