• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yesterday Beef and I went out and did a little pig hunting and found this in the scorching heat at a little after high noon!

P1010052.JPGgrin.gif

Brian,

Not sure how to give it to you....

Amazement: "WOW, that one is bigger than all the walleyes combined that I caught last month. I should have hired you to guide me"

OR

Jealousy:

"What are you bragging about that little thing for?"

PS to my baseball forum buddy Buzz,

Looks like Cass has 'em every bit as big as Winnie & Leech.

Quote:

PS to my baseball forum buddy Buzz,

I'm sure Cass has plenty of decent Walleye, but I doubt you'll get many people who think Cass can compete with Winni for Walleyes. That may bode well for the die hard cass fisherman and the future of those waters. I know Cass is a great muskie lake thats for certain!

Jones,

That looked like some of the bait we were using up there cool.gif

Texan

Yeah it sure was fun hunting for some trophy's....But the darn heat was outrageous....I was sweating just baiting the hook.....Wish I was the one holding the fish instead of being the one taking the photo!!!!

Beef

Buzzsaw,

Have you alwasy lived in Lakeville??? I'm origanally from Apple Valley...My mom, sisters, and in-laws are now in Farmington off of 160th...Sure has grown a lot over the years....

What a beauty, how about some measurements & weight. Seeing that fish made me want to puke after what happened during my trip to Cass. Yes, I'm still not over what Walter Queen did to ruin my trip and probably won't be over it until I can get back up to Cass which won't be until 2007.

Jones,

The Texan is correct. You should be embarrassed to have your picture taken with that little fish. Seriously, nice fish. How did it taste (just teasing)!!

Hey, the Jouster sends his love!!

Take care,

Gowdy

cool.gif

Beef, I didn't grow up in that area, I moved from the west side of Town... Minnetonka/Hopkins area mostly. I live on the southwest corner of Orchard Lake (across the street from it actually) and have for the past few years. I'm pretty certain you are familiar with that area right?

As for the Walleye up top.... very nice!! Heres mine from earlier this year, I just got it back from the Taxidermist last night... 30 inches, 14 lbs, 19 inch girth... silver/Blue X-rap on the 'Sippi.

2005_0403_101049AB.JPG

Buzz,

That's one heck of a fish!!!!

Congratulations.

Take care,

Gowdy cool.gif

Aww thanks guys! Can you tell I'm still giddy holding that thing! blush.gif

Buzz, a real beauty. Holding it with one hand? How'd they get that big balloon into its belly? And didn't you mean to write 'Winni not 'Sippi?

Muskiegurl,

You were commenting on Brian's pic, right?

Nice Fish Buzz,

I used to fish Orchard a lot.....Will be down in the cities in a few weeks....

Take Care,

Beef

Buzzkill,

Is that a replica? The lines on it's face look unusual...

Cass has it's share of walleyes............I got a 31"er a couple years back. I'll post the picture some time this week.

I released it.

Gene, once they take the guts out they are pretty light with the foam filler they use. (that answers Commanche's question as well) It was caught this spring on the Mississippi River - pool #4 Red Wing pre-spawn.... hence the 19 inch girth... there is no way you would get a 30 inch fish to weigh 14 lbs otherwise.... unless it had 40 perch or cisco's in it's bellie. For the record, I would only get a replica made of a muskie... They actually had a picture of me on Channel 5's fish of the week after the sports segment about five weeks ago.... yippeeeee.... and I anticipate it possibly making the (Wednesday) Star Tribune (back of sports page) sometime as it was sent into them as well.

Being a river fish it was actually pretty light and blahhh in color, the Taxidermist who did the mount did a great job, thats probably why he's recognized as one of the better around the state of Minnesota. If anybody wants a mount done on a fish or bird let me know your e-mail address and I'll hook you up with the guy.

Buzz,

Or maybe a whole bunch of bell weights in its tummy?

Really, you know I'm just joshin' you 'cause I'm jealous - that is a true monster . Really cool to be on TV too.

Don't need your taxidermist info as I only have caught one decent Northern. Back many years ago and I was considering getting it mounted. This was way before I was mature enough to understand C&R. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't mount it as I would have been really embarassed because about 2 months later my buddy caught one about twice as big and it really put mine to shame. Still got the pic though and it is a nice memory of a pretty neat story for me.

Now that we practice CPR, when we get out there we always say "we got to get us some picture fish" - for the wall of fame you know.

Gene...I guess I could comment on Brian's fish, but that wouldn't be any fun!! I get to see and hear about all those big fish that his clients catch all during the week!! The point of him and Beef going out was to get some good sized fish....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Yes, it's real nice when a plan comes together. And I kind of figured you were used to seeing/hearing Brian's accomplishments - so you'll just have to get out there and one-up him!!!! Then he'll have to put your pic on the board.

Commanche, I thought you were only a class act in the baseball forums... guess I was wrong. Maybe you need to catch a bigger walleye, that way you won't have to go around acting so disturbed with some wierd unexplainable inferiority complex. If your so worried about Mississippi River walleyes maybe you should start a foundation to start shooting Cormarants.... those birds must really ruin a guy like yours life... I mean eating all of those fingerlings has got to just bug you right?! Just mind your own business and keep your name calling and negative postings for your fishing Illinois website!

I guess everyone makes mistakes and I have made my share so I USUALLY try to give the benefit of the doubt

PS - I STILL like'd the other pic better

Thanks Gene, your a class act and I appreciate you taking the time to say your thoughts. I just don't understand that man one bit, and I won't start trying.

P.S. I like the mount picture better as well. The real fish was drab in appearance... typical river fish I guess.

Buzzy......

I'm really sorry. I have a bad sense of humor. I completely read your post the wrong way.......it was late last night, and I thought you were trying to up Brian Jones, whom I have a lot of respect for. You weren't.

I took it too far by by jumping on you for keeping that fish. I don't agree with keeping fish, and that's what I should have said and left it alone.

That truely is a trophy catch and you should be congratulated for it. It's your right to keep a fish. If you don't mind, I'd like to edit my previous post because I am truely embarassed by it.

Were all good Commanche, It takes a big person to apologize/admit a mistake as I've made my share over the years. I would never try to upstage Brian, he had a beautiful fish and I'm certain is a far better fisherman than me! I mean that sincerely... I'm not the worlds best Walleye fisherman, but I was lucky on that fateful day on the Mississippi. For the record it is the first fish I have ever had mounted and it was a tough decision taking a fish like that full of eggs... I thought about a replica and it really came down to the fact the fish came out of the river, not a clean watered lake where you would want to eat fish from. If it were a giant Muskie I would have a replica made if that makes your opinion of me any different. I'll be up at Cass on Friday the 29th in my black/tan Crestliner Sportfish w/Yamaha 4 stroke 150 HP... If your on the water look me up... we should hit the public landing around 9:00 AM.

Like I said, everyone makes mistakes and tone cannot be heard over the internet. I run into it all the time at work with my emails and I have to explain myself as I tend to be too succinct ----- believe it or not.

I vote for editing/deleting all our posts and starting over.

I can verify that Buzzsaw is a lousy fisherman laugh.gif and, although I haven't met Mr. Jones, I'm sure Buzz is much worse of an angler grin.gif

Truth-be-told, after hunting and fishing with him numerous times, he is a very conservation-minded and has a passion for the outdoors. Awwwwwwwww . . . tongue.gif

Time for a group hug.