• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a launch

river rat316

Me and agroup of co workers are looking for #'s for launches on Mill Lacs, mainly Terri's (?) (a co worker said he has used this one before) anyone got a number for one of these?

hey chris,when you goin up?i'm trying to get jim rienstra and another buddy to go out sat eve.

I've been out of Fisher's a couple of times.

320-684-2221

I've been outta Terry's a few DOZEN times....

Yep. Go to Terry's.

Hey Got some question for you guys ... I have never been on a launch going to try it next weekend... I am a newbie.... Some basic questions for you all... How are these for kids ? Do you use there poles or your own ? What to bring on ? how big of a group would need to call ahead to make sure we all got on ... Do you tip ? Any Recommendation for west side... We are staying close to Myr-mar any one been out with them ? Any thing else you guys can tell me to help make it fun .. Family group going could be 8 of us ... What is the normal cost per person ?

Thanks for any and all info

By the way the outdoors new july 8th has a nice little list of launch and pontoon sevrices in it !!!!!

We are goin out next Thursday, I just got off the phone with Terry's hopefully we will get on some fish I lovbe4 goin on the launches, the main reason being that I dont have to worryt about nothing when your on one!!!

dwag,

i am a bait boy on a launch out of isle. i will give you as many questions answered as i can. first off,launches are great for kids. they are roomy enough for the kids and they also dont bounce around hardly at all so it makes for easy walking around without stumbling over your friend or even kid. as far as i know all the launches supply poles,bait,tackle. u bring your own drinks and snacks. make sure you ask but i think all of the launches do supply all that stuff. but i would reccommend using your own stuff. not all of the poles are 100% in perfect order. they catch fish but i would still use my own. make sure you bring a coat or long sleeve shirt and a pair of pants. just incase you get cold when the sun goes down. a group of 8 you should just be able to call and fit them on a open launch. if you wanted a boat for just you 8 then you probly will need to call a few weeks ahead of time. but it would be more expensive then getting on a open launch. most places are 30 bucks a person. you may be able to find one or two that are 25 but thats about as cheep as you will find for a launch. it is nice when people tip us. it makes us feel that we did a good job. pulling up and putting down the anchor is not easy work. the captian and bait boy (at least at anglers paradise) have to split tips 50-50. so it is nice to get a 5 or 10 dollar tip. another reason that bait boys like tips is because they are only making about 20 bucks per 4 hour trip. only 5 dollars a hour. not very good money but hard work. i dont know about any launches on the west side that would be good. since i live on the south end and have only gone out in our launches. but my guess would be any in garrasin(sp) and i dont know if myr-mar resort runs a launch but if they do thats the one i would go out if i was you. a lot of people make their own fishing derby on the boat, like everyone that wants to be in it puts in 7 or 8 bucks and biggest or most fish takes home 70% of the pot,2nd takes home 25% of the pot and third takes 15%. hope this answered all your questions. have a good time and good luck grin.gif

gotta give 110%....no money left for the tips.....LOL

I've used Twin Pines on the west side. We had a really bad weather day but still managed a few fish. Like hlaf2fish said everything should be provided but the food and drinks. Our captain worked his tail off for us that day and was willing to try anything we wanted, especially since nothing was working anyway.

All the prerigged poles on our boats had lindy rigs or slip bobbers. If you want to use a jig or anything else you better bring your own gear.

I recommend Twin Pines. They are in Garrison.

I second Twin Pines... Nice place, Great service... Seem to always get you on fish....

Good Luck. They are just south of Garrison..

I went out of twin pines last weekend and we did great. The equipment they had was plenty good if you're satisfied with just using a hook and a leech with the slip bobber. If I had to do it again, I'd bring my own rod, small tackle box, and more beer.

OK ... Lots of beer will not be a problem ... Thanks for the advice on bring my own stuff....I will let you all know how we did !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Was out on a Launch Saterday night out of ,, SCENIC BAY RESORT. In Isle, down town main street. Capt. Ron put us on fish. We had a bachelor party on his boat and had a great time.I HIGHLY RECOMEND, Fishing was good too we were able to bring back a handfull.

half2fish,

coming up to AP on the 27th. Hope to meet you. drop me a note if you would not mind at johnc2 at comcast dot net. Thanks.

Me and some co-workers are heading up to Twin Pines Thursday evening. Just wondering if anyone has been with them lately and if they are puting people on any fish? Hopefully the the full moon will help our cause out there.

I have always done fairly well during the full moons on mille lacs in the past so hopefully it will be again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well overall we had a good trip. Pretty slow for the first couple hours but then we started nailing them after 10:15 or so. I think everyone on our charter which was 9 people plus the captain and bait bot caught 3 or 4 fish. We wnded up keeping 16 walleye in the slot and the rest were too big or a little too small to keep and plus a few perch that we couldnt throw back because they swallowed too deep. Overall it was fun. Got a nice bag of filets anyway because only 2 of us wanted any to bring home.