• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Muskies are in Green. Probably not fishable numbers. However I'm wondering who has boated any this year and what size were they? I heard they may start stocking Green in 06.

we had one take a sucker minnow and run with it this winter but we didn't catch it. (watched it all on camera) it would have been great to catch but it was fun to see it on the camera also. i would say it was around 8-10#

Never caught one on Green. It would be awesome if the DNR would stock muskies, but, I doubt they ever will. They have bigger problems with the smallie/walleye issues right now...there's now way they want to throw muskies into the mix of things.

hey leech21, what would be the 1 word you would use to describe it?

One of my dads friends has been surveying the lake for the dnr and he seen a few boated 30-40"ers. I know a guy that got a few last year throwing pignjig for bass. Nest lake has got some large ones in it. Always had problems on nest keeping spiner baits on the end of my line and that could be the reason. As for stocking them I wish they would. Everybody would be crying and I would be smiling. I need a spot to go thats not 2-4 hours away from home. Green is the half way spot to the lakes I go fishing on up by alex.

Quote:

I got one word for it... ANNOYING! lol
wink.gif

Good answer Local! Was thinking the same thing grin.gif

Slayer73, Yup it's me. Now who are you? I got an idea but not 100% sure. confused.gif

Ryan... Haven't seen you for a while, what you been up to?

Hey gethanet...does the "Jeff" you are refering to, last name start with an "S" and is he a drafter by chance?

Whats up Jake? Boated any yet? Just to refresh your memory on this topic, on Green lake I landed a 28 incher two years ago. Last fall my buddy landed a 39 incher out there. I talked to the guy that did the creel survey last summer and he said he knew of close to a dozen of them being caught with one of them being a 47 incher. I am not a biologist, but it appears there are several different year classes showing up which leads me to believe there is natural reproduction occuring. cool.gif

leech21 you hit the nail on the head there. I work with him so I figured I would get some smart comment from him once he sees it. So are you his family member that he says is getting those smallies on green?

As for nat reproduction in green for skis. I think they got and are getting in there from a hatchery up stream from nest and green. Exscapeis or left overs at the end of the year. At least thats the theroy I heard.

Ryan, Ya havn't seen you since I T-boned that older lady in town there. I guess that didn't end up to bad I got a 4 wheel drive out of the deal.Was a heck of a way to end the work week.

You been hitting the river latly. I was till I found nice largies in gold mine and manns lake. Been getting them with poppers in the early morn and late eve. Shhhhh. wink.gif I'm heading up to lobster with my dad on sat for skis. We'll have to meet up for some flats or duck hunting later. We'll gotto go take care.

I love your signature!!!

Yea, Jeff is my uncle...funny guy isn't he. Where's he been? I haven't seen a post from him in like a month. He must just read them when he should really be working, lol...what a slacker! grin.gif

You fish the MN River down by Redwood and Morton for flatties much? I really want to stick a nice one this year, but haven't had much luck...actually no luck frown.gif

Gold mine actually has fish other than carp in it? Wow!

Tell Jeff to quit slacking on the job for me grin.gif

Who are you guys to call me a slacker!! I think you 2 should be working once. Yes there's other fish in goldmine, pretty much everything but hard to catch. Hey leech21 what's biting up in your neck of the woods?? Did the camping thing this past weekend and dang she was toasty. Did some tubing until the float on my carb decided to malfunction and pour gas out the carb, swimming, bikini watching those kind of things. Let me know where the fish are biting Rhylee's getting the itch again. And after I get my boat fixed we'll be up.

I haven't been out in a week and we only had limited success on Green and Andrew. It was like 90 degrees the day we were out.....kinda warm. Got a call from a buddy last night that caught a 22 inch and a 21 inch bass all within an hour on a local lake. I think I want to try that lake soon grin.gif Call me if you wannna know which lake it was. I guess Foot has been good for bass and panfish by the calverts along the road. Other than that haven't heard much.