• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lindbergh Launch

Rivernut

Was wondering if anyone knows if Lindbergh launch is open? With the govmt. shutdown and all. Hows the water level. Thanks!

Good to have you aboard Rivernut. As far as I know that access should be open. Especially with the events that unfolded today. You might want to check on USGS river gages at Brainerd, Royalton or Little Falls

Here.. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mn/nwis/current?type=flow

Right now it is still higher than normal from Crow Wing River downstream. Good luck. grin.gif

The access is and has been open. The road from Little Falls

to the access is tore up, major road construction. Just a

heads up, we are experiencing a major mayfly hatch. They started last night.

Hey tour pro, you always have the right info @ the right time. I was Musky Mike,but I forgot my password and the never sent it to me!!!!! Again, thanks for the 411, Im going up on Thursday A.M. Maybe I'll fish one of my little lakes instead. Too bad about the mayfly hatch.

Tourpro, I was thinking of fishing the river on Friday. My question is how long do you think the hatch will affect the smallie fishing.

The fishing is generally very good when the mayfly hatch

begins. The smallmouth seem to key in on the surface and

smash any type of topwater bait. I've also had good success

on shallow running cranks. The fishing does get tougher as time goes on. By Fri. fishing could be tough, but you never know. I hate to tell you not to come, but past experience has tought me to go elsewhere. Good luck on whatever you decide

Good Fishing,

Paul

Thanks TP, Just out of curiousity, do you guide in that area? I do well on smallies, but would love to get in on some Muskie/ Cats. Just a thought ! Thanks again.

Rivernut,

No, I fish every chance I get, but with three kids, a wife and a real job it's getting harder to find time. I spend quite a bit of time on the river because I live on it. It's a learning experience every time.

Mille Lacs is my other favorite, just wish I had more time.

I don't check the site as much as I used to either, but if you need info on conditions up here I check often enough I should be able to help out.

I'll be out on the river tonight doing some casting for muskies. Hopefully they'll be keying in on all the fish sucking the mayflys of off the surface. I'll keep an eye out for surfacing smallies also.

Best of luck fishing,

Paul

Cool, good luck w/ the toothy critters. My girlfriends cousin had a house on the river just about a mile down from the launch. Said he's seen some big one's right in front of his place at . Good luck and as always the info is greatly appreciated.

Rivernut,

Just got off the river, the fish are biting! Didn't catch or see any muskies but I did catch some monster smallmouth on big spinnerbaits. Switched over to walleye gear, got enough for a meal. Maybe tomorrow wouldn't be such a bad bet after all. I'll be back tomorrow.

Thats great TP. Hit the croix around wolf creek area. 1 walleye, 6 smallies, and a bunch of cats. Saw and took some pictures of about 15 turkey vultures on a beach. Never seen them before. Maybe I'll see you up there some time. I have a 16 ft. white starcraft w/ a Merc. on it. Later.

Hey TourPro, just wondering how you did on Friday, if you were able to get out.

Rivernut,

I would have got back to you sooner but now I'm having trouble getting on the site. I may changing names also. Fishing on Friday was slow, fished from 8:30-12:00 caught a couple of small walleyes and a few smallmouth. Looking at my scedule I think its going to be a week or so before I get a chance to hit the river again.

Fished Mille Lacs all day Sat. and had a blast. Hopefully this bite will hold on a few weeks longer.

Best of luck,

Paul