• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

does any of you fish rice lake for walleyes??
ive heard there are alot of eyes in there..
are there any big eyes in there?
if so, where about on the lake?
i know of a couple hot spots on the lake for numbers of eyes but i think the largest ive caught out of there is 2-3 pound..
maybe we could exchange some info..
thanks..
beaverlakeman

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Beaverlake, Geesh your not excited to get up here and fish are ya. smile.gif You remind me of my lab's waiting to get out of the crate just before the hunt. lol But thats a good thing. It's good see someone fired up to go fish. Any connection to Beaver Lake north of Twig?
Rice lake was good last summer for eye's. In the last few year's the hammer handel's have been getting thick. It's rare to catch big eye's in Rice. Most are a pound to pound and a half. Work it over a little and you can find them.

There is a thread on Brule all ready. Work the reefs and wind blown shoreline. Get out of the evening and night bite. Jigs and lighted bobbers.
Big water big Northern's. Cast the shore line's.
Have a good trip and try not wear your grampa out. grin.gif

thanks for the info surface,

wrong beaverlake, lol.. I have a cabin on beaverlake in the pequyann area..
my stepfather and mother live off of the shultz road by rice...
i didnt see the thread on brule in here.
guess i better go check.

oh, and as far as fishing goes, opening day for me is like a little kid waiting for halloween..

well thanks again forthe info...

beaverlakeman

I here ya on being pumped for opener. I cant get to sleep thinkin about it.
I hope it stays that way. smile.gif

yeah me too!!!!

i alwasy fish rice lake for opener, but this year we are going to brule lake in the bwca.
hope its a little better..

does anyone know how brule lake is during opener??

thanks.
beaverlakeman

It's good when you find them. smile.gif Look for area's that the warm water will pile up on.

where about do you live?
what is your name?

mine is jeremy jones..

maybe we can get together and do some fishing this summer if i can get up there..
i could show you some spots on rice to get some eyes..

beaverlakeman

Im going to be 30 miles WNW of Brule this weekend. If the wind dosent die down by then I might blow in. smile.gif

Im from Duluth been in Twig for 12 years now. I fish rive alot. Its alway's been good for me. Get ahold of me if you make it up. Good luck on Brule.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 05-09-2002).]

Are we talking about the rice lake by Duluth?? Now is the time for fishing Ricce Lake Alot of eyes in the lake nothing big (unless you find them) but eatable. ST you have to agree, that this is the worst boat ramp in the area. Anybody who has put a boat inther, knows that youy have to keep a strap on the boat to keep it from coming off the trailor. Maybe we should ??? the DNR as why this ramp is in such bad shape for the amount of usage

your not lying about the ramp being in bad shape....

i think that would be a good question for the dnr.. they should be able to do something about that..
i would like to see a launch on both sides of the dock, instead of just the one..

The crappy boat lauch and the poor parking lot are the reasons I'm heading to Island Lake tomorrow AM. Good luck to you who do go to Rice, however.
I've had enough with poor landings.
Once I took my big boat to Cornucopia, and found that their concrete ramp runs out with a foot and a half drop off shorter than any reasonable ramp should - couldn't see it end with the murky water. I had a 10,000 lb trailer hung up on concrete. I had to wade in (In May) and lever it up with a steel bar, while my wife drove the truck out.
That put an end to my endeavors with poor landings. Like the rest of you, I work too darn hard to have stupid things rip apart my stuff.
I'm done grumbling now.
Go get em boys.

Ya its a crappy ramp. The dock is on the short side too. When you have that wind blowin down the lake it makes it tough to line the boat up on the trailer.
Evntam, I know what you mean about the short pad's. The landing in Grand Portage has a bid step at the end of it. Had my trailer with the 25 ft Bayliner hung on it. frown.gif
The landing on the end of the Park Point is an other bad landing for big boats.

Beaverlake,hmmm i remember that lake from back when we had a cabin on Big Pequaywam.Now thats the lake you wanna fish for big eyes.Find a way onto the Big P. Its a private lake with no access so get to know someone and tell em take a kid fishin (even if your just a big kid)lolThis time of year the eyes will be stacked up on the north end near wolf creek.fish the gravel shoal on the north east end of the lake after dark for the big ones.shiners,Big ones work best!!!!!!!!

thanks for the advice on the big P..

I knew there were eyes in there, but i didnt know that there where big ones in there..
How big are you talking about???
i got a cabin on beaverlake..
if you have been up there, you probly know my grandpa or uncle.. Ted marken, tim marken.

the northens are just starting to make a come back in beaver, they are all pretty much hammer handles, but there are fun as hell to catch..

beaverlakeman

• 10 months later...

To beaverlakeman,
Some 30 years ago I was involved{with a group of guys from Two Harbors,Clover Valley,and one from Duluth}in building a hunting shack on Beaver/Snake Lake on the rosinee truck Trail. We had to bring every thing in in winter or by boat to build it.The lumber and stuff used tu build it we got from tearing down a two story house in Two Harbors.
I recognize th name Ted Marken as maybe the guy from Duluth that was involved in this shack
I understand that the original shack burned and a new one built in its place. Could this be the same place?

Beaver
I was up on Brule in the BWCA late last summer. We were on the lake for less than 5 minutes and we saw a Moose and her calf. Got some cool pictures. We did very well on Smallies and eyes. Let me know if you need any info.