• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

looking for a few pointers on walleyes, smallies, and pike, on brule lake...

Is there anywhere i can catch good sized northerns on brule lake in the echo bay area?
same as walleyes and smallies??
any help would be greatfull..

thanks
beaverlakeman

We don't live near Brule, but someone here must have some advice for you.

Come on guys, help this person out! :-)

Lynn

------------------
John and Lynn O'Kane
Voyageur North Outfitters
Ely, Mn 55731
1-800-848-5530

BeaverLakeMan...Brule is a hard lake to describe to someone unless they have a map in hand! Echo Bay usually has a great mix of all species later in the summer with good pike fishing off the breaks and narrows early season. One of my favorite spots for early season pike is the North Bay that goes into South Cone Lake. This bay is shallow and very productive early season. Young walleyes rear in this bay and I've found large schools of fish in the 1-3 year class ranging from 6-15 inches in size along with some very nice ones. Quite a few pike spawn in South Cone and filter back into Brule in mid-May, this North Bay is where they hang out before pushing into deep water. I have caught walleyes and bass on almost every sunken island and reef on the lake! Get yourself a good topo map and don't be afraid to experiment. The West end of the lake on the North side of the big island is also very good for all species early season.