• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

More launch ramp questions...

Thanks for all the good input so far. This morning I had a great day on Grace and will post results tomorrow. Checked out TRL bait shop and launch ramp this afternoon and will be going there next week. Next questions: Big and Little Wolf? 1). I know I can't get my boat in on the Little Wolf public access (it's a joke) - are any of the resorts decent? 2). Is the Big Wolf access workable, or should I go to a resort ramp there too? Thanks for all the good input so far. This is the third year I've been up here. I fished Cass exclusively the first year, Bemidji exclusively the second year and this year I'm trying to check out the smaller lakes. Along those lines, is it worth the drive to go to Gull and Blackduck? They are a size I like and the Sechi disk reading would seem to indicate that I might be able to get a good walleye bite later in the morning than I am in the clearer lakes in this area.

what did you find at grace? pannies? I dont know much about Wolf Lake but like i said you could try MIdge lake but the access is not as good like others.. Hope you have another great day of fishing..

I would try Blackduck if I was you. It is well worth the little drive that it is. I may be heading there myself this weekend with the family.

Check out the pictures I posted on the Blackduck forum, and you will see what you may catch when you are there! grin.gif

My boat was in for repair so I drove around this morning and checked out launch ramps. I was blown away when I got to Blackduck. The parking lot was full and people were parking on the entrance road. I don't know if that is a regular occurance or if there was a hot bite going on. I only got part of the way into Midge before I turned around.

Quote:

Walleye Tournament

big drift

I'm glad there aren't that many people there regularly on a weekday, 'cause I did want to try it a few times.