• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey All. I'm going to be staying at Lutsen on September 9&10 for a bachelor party. We wanted to try fishing the big lake and I was just wondering if this would be a decent time of the year to charter a boat? If so, who in the area would you recommend to charter with. Thanks in advance.

THE LAKE TROUT AND SALMON SHOULD BE GOING GOOD AND IF YOU NEED A CAPT. YOU MAY CALL ME TOM AT 218-348-0700 SKIPPER'S KID CHARTERS.

We had some of the best trips last year at that time. If you'd like check out my website and/or give me a call...be glad to set you up. Thanks.

IF the weather is in your favor that can be a great time for big lake trout. Most to all of the captains in the duluth area can put you on big fish that time of year. Make phone calls and do your research. Most of the pricing is relative so you get what you pay for. I've fished with Bill's Great Lakes charters and he does an outstanding job. In the Duluth slip he is right next to Tom (Skipper's Kid) who is another excellent fisherman. Also if you want you can ask for references and hear from past and regular clients of the different charter boats. They can help to give you an idea of what your trip can be like. Most captains will have a list of references for you to contact. Have fun!

September is a great time to go. This is when most of the bigger fish are caught. I have been charterfishing for 24 years this summer and most of my repeat customers like August and September for the best weather and the most stable fishing conditions. Soryy I am already booked for the 8th, 9th, and 10th of September but Bills Great Lakes Charters and Skippers Kid will treat you good and have years of experience. Hope you enjoy the wedding.

Steve

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I will have to talk to the guys and set something up.

I was out with the "End of the line" boys last year in September and thought they did an exceptional job. They would get a nod from me for any time frame.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Charter Captains know the pattern at that time of year and should get you on fish. Yes it is a good time to be out and the Lakers run bigger. Joel at EOTL is a friendly guy and should do you well.