• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My buddy and I are taking our 9yr olds for a camp/fish weekend, hoping to pitch a tent and enjoy the woods. Anyone have any opinion on Elbow? We CPR but would like the kids to stay interested... All thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance!

I have a cabin on Elbow Lake and have fished it quite a bit. There are plenty of smallmouth bass to keep the kids occupied. As for the walleyes...they don't naturally reproduce on Elbow, but are stocked regularly. Given the stained water I always thought the lake should produce during the day, but this has not proven to be the case. I can pretty regularly catch 5-10 walleyes in the prime early evening time frame. Most have come via slip bobber and leech. If you go, concentrate on any area where you can see reeds growing out of the water. Start deeper 15-25 ft and move shallower as the sun begins to set over the trees. Elbow Lake is a beatiful lake and worth a trip.

LM,

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think I wouldn't get one. We leave Sat morning and look forward to finding some of those smallies. My boy will be pleased to hear about them. We'll try slipping and jigs, I guess. There ought to be plenty of logging trails to pitch a tent...?

Thanks again!