• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Preston or Alley

Does anyone out there fish either of these lakes for Walleyes. I grew up out in that area and would like to give it a try.

Thanks!

kunk

I was out on preston last Saturday morning early. Two of fished for 3 hours. 1 bullhead was the only hit we had. Second time this spring I've been shut out on preston. I have not heard any hot news about allie. It's been pretty quite about the fishing around here.

Huckfin

Huckfin,

Thanks for your reply. We used to get crappies there in the spring, and walleyes in the winter. I heard something about walleyes in the summer, but was wondering if it was worth the trip. I live north of St. Paul now. Thanks again.

I tried preston twice this year and have only caught 1 northern.

Preston: is pretty much a dead sea. They netted most of the crappies out two years ago for relocation. (don't know why) and some eyes early this season. Allie was good this spring with eyes some a little small though. Right now on Allie, kind of slow you can pick up some nice sunnies at dark by shore. And plenty of those channel cats if someone is into those.