• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Going out to Norway next weekend. Moving my parents into thier new house and wanted to wet a line out there. Never fished this lake before. Can anyone give me any tips for walleyes and northerns. I assume the bass will be under docks and in the slop. Plus the sunfish should be near the beds. Thanks alot.

My wifes parents have a place on Norway and are die hard shad rap folks. We usually pull #5 fire tigers along the weed edges and do well for Northerns with the occasional eye, and of course sheephead.

I have fished Norway lake for over 30 yrs. Trolling Shad Rpas will get you mostly northerns. For walleyes fish lindy rigs on deeper flats. Some of ther large bass can be found on deep weedlines.

We picked up some pigs on lindy rigs this weekend. Got a 27" and 24.5" walley and a 37.5" and 35" northern! Not much else but a bunch of sheepshead, though.

Thanks, it was unbelievable! I'll get some pics up a little later in the photos forum.

What part of the lake were you fishing Ralph? Im thinking somewhere out on the deeper flats that i see on the map. What I hear about this lake is nice sand bars and some good rock piles along with plenty of weeds. Im liking this already and I havent even been there. Lake sounds like a blast I will post when I get back Im leaving tomorrow morning.

I've fished the lake numerous times and have never had luck like that, but it usually is a decent lake. Without giving up my spot, I'll just say that we were fishing a sandbar. The walleyes were real finicky. Must have missed 2 dozen because they were just chewing on our bait, even after giving them more line than you could imagine. How long are you going to be out there? I may be out Friday night or Saturday night depending some other things. I'll work on getting those pictures up tonight.

I think I should be out there maybe Friday and for sure Saturday night. I will be on a pontoon most likely since im not bringing my boat out there using a friends pontoon. Did you try a stinger hook for the back of the bait.

Yup, tried the stinger to no avail. If I'm out, I'll be in a blue Alumacraft with a Johnson 115 on the back.

You should try throwing white spinner baits over by the island on the west of the main lake. Lots of northerns and bass. We even got a couple 6-7 pound walleyes and some large crappie doing this. Good early morn. into mid day.

FI,

How'd you do? We were out for a while Friday night. Got a bunch of sheepies and a few bluegills, but the 'eyes weren't cooperating. Caught several bass Saturday evening, but didn't fish much.

Well lets just say I had one of my worst outings of the year for eyes. Caught so many sheepheads but I lost at least 5 eyes at the boat and boated another 2 but that was it had a tough time boating the eyes.

Ha tongue.gif There are a ton of sheepies in there! I think we got right around 30 on Friday.

My son and I are going up to Norway this weekend with a friend and his son who have a trailer on the lake. I've never been on it before and they don't fish much, although they want me to give them some pointers.

I'm primarily--okay, totally--a walleye guy, but they're not picky. What do I stand the best chance of catching and in what general areas? I don't have a map of the lake yet, but I plan on getting one. I just want to get the kids on some fish. I've read the previous posts, but without a map I'm not sure where to start.

Any general recommendations would be appreciated. We're not going to go out and pound it...I just want to give the kids and my non-fishing friend a good time. We're using his older boat with minimal electronics, so I feel I'm sorting fishing blind...but that's what makes it fun, right?

Thanks for any pointers.

If you just want to catch fish, the sheepshead are plentiful. You can't miss dragging a crawler in 10-20 feet of water. Also, over the 4th, I noticed huge schools of panfish in suspended 6-10 feet over about 12 feet of water. I picked up numerous bluegills trolling for walleye. There's walleye, but if they aren't big fisher-people, they're gonna get bored with that. I'd drag a lindy-rigged crawler. You'll get a bunch of sheepshead and probably a walleye or so mixed in. Just look for the boats--it's easy to find where people catch them.