• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnie Belle Panfish

Can anyone comment on how the sunnie fishing on this lake is right now? Also, are the sunnies found in close to shore, or should we be looking toward the outside edge of the weedline? Lastly, what size of sunnies should we expect on this lake...1/3 pound, 1/4 pound, 1/2 pound???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion most of the sunnies near shore on MB will be mostly small. You can get a few nice ones but you will catch 20 small ones for every keeper. THe bigger ones I have found in the past were in deeper water on the outside weed edge. Try strait out from the landing a little to the right. Thats all I have, im not an expert on MB panfish at all, just my observation. ff

I forgot to say, the big ones can be hudge, like 1/2lb+.

I was out there this morning catching bass and pretending to catch walleyes. I will also be out sunday and monday morning early. good luck .

Yeah,

I'd have to second that. I've pulled in nice sunfish after nice sunfish in around 20-25 feet of water while "pretending" to walleye fish as well. Put on a nice crawler, even half, slip troll lindy rig style and you'll get some nice sunfish.