• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing in inver grove or cottage grove??

anyone ever fish any of those small lakes in inver grove heights or cottage grove? thinking of doing some shore fishing any info would be great.

Hello,

Small pond in Inver Grove would be Simley Pond that is located just east of the High School on the corner of 80th Ave. and Cahill Street. When I was a kid growing up I would fish that pond every single day and usually catch bass and sunfish, my biggest bass I caught from there was 3 pounds, and that girl had a bigger friend with her. That was a good 15 years ago and I'm 26 now. Since they did a huge project on that lake, they pretty much killed everything that lived in there. I know it's a great Walleye pond in the winter time ice fishing, I have seen a 5 pound 'eye come through a hole from Simley Pond, there is a 50-70 foot hole in the middle there. Another pond is about a block South also on Cahill St. and I have no idea if anything is in that Pond.

Cottage Grove - My girlfriend lives in cottage grove and she has a little pond in her back yard which I might actually fish sometime.. ha ha, other than that, I have no idea about the cottage grove fishing reports/ponds... Simley Pond has a lot of little kids fishing it, so if you have kids, thats a great place to bring them to teach them a little something, alot of fishable shoreline.

Any questions, just email

Bobby Benbo