• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fished this a.m. for eyes with limited success.Fished in 6-14 fow jigging,pulling yellow spinner with crawlwers and leeches and pulled a few rapalas.Caught 3 eyes all on spinner with a crawler,tried leeches and jig and leeches and spinners with leeches with no eye success.There were some very,very nice sunnies that would hit anything you would throw at them in 8-14 fow just to the east of the grassy island on the north side.The only problem I had was trying to keep the sunnies off the hook long enough to maybe catch more eyes,although the pannies were the nicest Ive caught in quite some time.Tried for eyes also from 2nd to third point with no luck,with some fish on the bottom in 14-20 fow but they could have been those good old sheephead.Some people were also fishing off second point but all I saw get caught were sunnies.The most action on the lake was around the grassy island in 6-14 fow and it seemed most if not all were getting a few eyes and many pannies.Hope this helps.

I haven't fished Washington for years. Where abouts is the Grassy Island? I would probably land the boat on the north access. Any information is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Flash

"Set the Hook"

When you dock your boat at the north landing hang a left or go east about 300-400 yards and you will see the weeds above the water.I would fish your way there as the fish could be anywhere along the shoreline. I would work from landing to weeds about 8-15 fow and you should find the fish.The sunnies still have eggs in some females.

Couple days ago i killed the eys on squirels nest point. all on cranks and spoons belive it or not theyre shallow but they spook easy. long casts and light line. when the other boats saw me get em the all zoomed over and i still managed to pick up 2 more and they looked at me like WTF?! i looked right back at em like go back to the city where u came from LOL it was great.

can i get an up to the minute on washington?? i have a league bass fishin tourney there sunday..all 9 boats of us lol.. i need any bass info i can get as i have fished the lake once and that was like 20 yrs ago...HELPPPPPPP..

Awesome post bassboy. Don't you love when you have the hot hand and the city boys just can't figure it out with there big yachts, khaki pants and polo shirts!!

more like huge boats and boonie hats........but ur right on the polo pants part......haha i know cause i used to live there too. Bulrushes in the west end of the lake and the marsh area up by westwood marina have some monster bass swimming arond. firetiger raps got em last time but that was a month ago.....points got some bass too but its been awhile since i seriously fished for bass so best advice i can give anyone is prefish as much as possible. good luck!!!!!

Bassboy, your story reminds me of my brother and I. We go out shore fishing together a lot. He is from the old school and ground fishes with whatever bait he's chosen. He throws it out and lets it sit and sit and sit. Me, on the other hand have to be trying this, that and the other thing. Well, You can guess that he outfishes me 9 times out of 10!!!!!

Good luck everyone.

bassboy im not too familiar with the lake..i plan on doin ALOT of dock fishing and deeper weedline edges..think i will be ok??

Maybe. If your tactic dosent produce dont waste anymore time than u have too. GO TO THE MARINA an throw alot of baits around in the marsh there. yesterday we got two hawgs....a 3 1/2 pounder and a chunky 4 pounder no kidding. the bigger one came on a ratl trap and the smaller one on a spinnerbait. whatever you do match the forage. anything that looks like sunnies, perch, shad ect. I donno about crawfish but that pattern seems to be working too. Also give squirels nest point a try. we picked up smaller fish there but alot of em. If you have no clue where im talking about stop in at either westwood marina and baitshop or reel fish and tackle in madison lake. They both have maps and wil be happy to point these spots out to you. Good Luck!!!!!!

HAHA It happens all the time i like to think by sheer luck. but thats only an exuse for those of us who cant stomach failure or just plain clumsieness or lack of knowlege of your quarry. it dosent happen too much too me anymore but when it does its hard to stomach. my granny may she rest in peace always outfished us all cause her shakes were so bad that all she had to do was hold a jig over the side of the boat. none of us no matter how hard we tried to imitate her could get these fish so i learned the hard way that there are ppl you run across who will and can routinely kick your butt in fishing. But also fishing should not be a contest. A pretty sunset or having time to solve lifes problems makes fishing all the more worthwile.

ok heres theFUNNY part although frustrating part of fishing a tourney....i found a few fish off squirrels nest point... fire tiger shad raps.. so i got my 4 fish there and needed a kicker..fishing the shoreline arouns the point wormin docks when i hurd a huge scream... this lady was fishing sunnies w/corn off of her dock and caught about a 5 lb bass on it!!!... made me wanna cry that woulda given me 1st place but i settled for 4th place

It happens!!!!!! Deal with it. i alomst wouldvre cried too........i almost did at the walleye tourney last nite. I missed two nice hits trolling cranks for eyes an it turns out that out of 40 boats only two boats got fish and each boat had one fish with a minimum of 15"!!!!!!! If i wouldve got those two i wouldve won!!!!!!!!!! lifes lessons ill tell u what huh?