• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys.
As long as the weather holds, we'll be heading down to the point on Friday night too.
We'll talk to you then.
The older I get, the lazier I get. I'm thinking of stealing my kid's big wheel wagon so I don't have to carry any buckets down the beach.

walley wisher, It looks like fri is the night. If you do not have the equipment come on down make a few pulls, if they are running, you will have smelt. Make sure you park on the right side of the street, or you will get a ticket by the bridge Hope to see ya Fri Night if the weather/wind is right

Im headed down to the point, leaving by 9pm. Ill give the run down when I return. Anyone else going? Ill be down 1 block before the rowing club on the lakeside. Maroon f150 with Nothland Tackle stickers. My boss lives there and we walk threw his yard to the lake. Anyone who wants to pull can catch me there about 9:30.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Meeting at the bridge fri. night. Everyone is welcome.

WE did well off the end of the point. Got 3 6 gallon pails. Back at it tonight.

WE did well off the end of the point. Got 3 6 gallon pails. Back at it tonight.

Thought I'd let all you dipnetters out there know there was a slight run on the Knife last night. Not tons of action, but at one point we were getting 10-12 smelt a minute per person. Not great, but enough to keep a person interested. About a 50/50 mix of males to females. Best action was upstream (by the two bridges), from 10:30-11:30. The Lester was pretty dead when I was there.

Just talked to my brother-in-law, who cleaned all the smelt we caught :-) , and I guess the male/female ratio was about 90/10, not 50/50.

Loadmaster, ST, Ev

Im leaving in an hour. I should be at the bridge between 9 and 9:30 for the last hurrah. someone give me a call if plans change.

see ya there

Sudden Impact

Ill see you all at the bridge! I have my little possies with their cells all fired up and ready to call with any hot news. I probably wont smelt but I will have a few smoothies with ya all. Good on the end of the point last night for anyone looking for a place to go! Good Luck all!

Northlander theres going to be a handful of us at the bridge tonight 5-3. Last friday Jigglestick and jigglestick jr. came over from grand Rapids to smelt and left back home without any. We would like to send him back home heavy this time smile.gif. Do you have a cell number I can call to compare notes at around 10:30 pm. Thanks,ST

[email protected]

Hey ST, I live in Austin and me and my dad were thinking of coming up for sat. night to do some smelting. We havent been up there since I was 6 and I am 17 now and would love to come back and do it again, all we have is one dip net. Would we get any with it? or do we need a sein. I was wondering if you were going to be going again sat. night, and if you guys would be meeting at pp around 9:30. We have waders if that helps we could help anyone who needs help pulling. We would love to come home with about 4-5 pails full if we could.
Thanks Willie ><(((>

just got back from the lester,we were there at 10:30 and smelted till 1:00 only ended up with 10 smelt real slow.there were about 3 or 4 groups pulling seines around the mouth and they would get maybe enough to fill a coffee can on there best pulls.as far as dipping there wasn't to much happening my best was 2 at 1 time and didnt see anyone doing any better.hope you guys had better luck at the point i just have a feeling that is where we should have went but didnt have much time tonight got an early day tommorow frown.giflater Bruce

Ugh. There were breaking waves comin in on the point tonight. NO SMELT! Loadmaster and I did managed to get wet! Needless to say we sent Jigglestick home SMELTLESS again!
We then tried the bay. NOTHING! Decided to check the lester first stoped at the bridge looking for catfish at 12:15. I had fun anyway. If the weather is good will be at the bridge again tomorrow night. Come the way you are, your all welcome. smile.gif

hey that's ok--it just takes the pressure off of the expectations on upper red next winter smile.gif it's all part of the game. if we had success all of the time, we would have less time to drink beer. it was pretty cool just coming all the way down there just to hear how good you guys usually do smile.gif thanks for the fun anyways. j.j. will remember this for a long time. just like i remember coming when i was a kid.-----jigglestick----j.j.-------

Going to the bridge tonight. Looks like a nice night. Come one come all. smile.gif

The wind is right, Temp is right, Waders are dry, The bridge tonight. The last huraah for the smelting anytime around 7;30 or so Later

Ya the point was terrible for us to. One guy fell in so we decided to try arrowhead pier and that was no better. I work till 11pm tonight but if its decent out Ill catch ya all at the bridge. Surface Tension call me at 348-5532 and let me know your gameplan. Ill bring my waders along incase you need another puller. See ya later and stay dry.

Jigglestick we didnt nail them but we did get 8 gallons. Loadmaster and Sudden Impact were there. We got some for ya. smile.gif

Im done with the smelt. I got enough for plenty of bait and meals for the friends and family. Got to get the boat ready for bumper boats on the river. I will probably do a couple days there then try some of the area lakes. Anyone know anything about Birch Lake by Babbit? I might hit that a day with my brother and his g-friend who is from there. Thanks and good luck and safe fun to all.

Northlander Im done with the smelt too. It was fun season and met a lot of forum guy's out here too. Tried to call the cell number you posted but it didnt work.
Never fished Birch so cant help ya there.
Good luck on the river.