• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Brule Lake Entry into BWCA

I am looking for tips on fishing in the Brule Lake area of the BWCA. We will be entering on the 19th of July and leaving the 23rd. WE will be in the area of Omega, Winchell, Vista, and Gaskin lakes and willing to go to others with in paddling distance. Never been there before so I am hoping someone can point us in the right direction to a few walleye.

s. temperance treated us good a few years back. look out for wind when paddeling brule lake. canoed my biggest waves to date on that lake. NOT FUN!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Tromped around that area a lot. You'll be leaving some of the better eye lakes behind like the Brule and Cones as you travel to Winchell.

If you travel further into Horseshoe, Meeds and Caribou you'll get into better water for eyes and I think thats where I'd head for and base camp on either one and do day trips.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

BruleDrifter, I was going to mention South Temprance also.

I was checking out some lake maps on the DNR lake finder and noticed Winchell was definetly not where I wanted to be for walleye. This trip was a spur of the moment thing so I still need to do more research and check out some more maps but atleast knowing what lakes to head towards will help in planning.

Are there any special regulations on any of the lakes? how do you manage live bait while out for a week? Any good ways to ensure it stays alive? What baits work well in that area? Some many questions so little time.