• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Humminbird installation

picksbigwagon

Question

Tomorrow's pay day and I am heading the Fleet Farm and buying a humminbird 565 for two reasons, it is priced right and it has dual beams. My question is can I pick this up at 8 am, and be fishing before noon tomorrow?

Does installation take a long time or is this something I can do in under two hours......what about silicone drying time, does that need a tone of time to dry before I put it on the lake? if it will take a long time, then I won't do install unitl saturday

thanks for the help

4 answers to this question

I installed the same one last spring and if I remember it took a couple of hours to get everything routed nice and siliconed.As far as the silicone it should say the drying time on the tube. It was not a bad job.Drill and mount the transducer,route the cable to the unit and run power to the battery,and mount the unit.Only thing that took some time was routing the cables so it looked neat.

Thanks Leeharvey,

I went out tonight and picked it up with my father's day money. I think I will hold off on the installation until saturday since I need to get out and fish....any tips for operation of this unit that you have noticed in that last year?

I got it mounted this afternoon and will take her for a spin tomorrow. I did mount it a little wider than I think I should have but the directions said 15" from the motor, and that is what I did. I personally don't care if I get complete accurate readings at top speed, I know where I am going and I can slow down when I get there