• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lincoln Park Walleye Contest

Ok who all is fishing this? Its fun and a relaxing contest to take part in. I think its 35th place that gets $1000 cash. A huge list of other cool prizes as well.

July 9th out of Rices Landing under the Blatnick(High) Bridge. Hope to see everyone there.

You know I'll be floating around out there with my fingers crossed. My ability to catch the "big one" is no doubt more a product of luck than skill. crazy.gif Then again, I guess its all about luck in this contest...biggest fish won't get you very much. I suppose between 21 and 24 inches will put you right in the middle of things. JH

I am in for this tourney. The relaxing nature and the way it is run make it very enjoyable.

I'm thinking about it but is this a catch and release tourny or is it a "meat tourny" like they have over here in Superior?

Jar Jar

Its a catch and release. They have to be alive on weigh in. You do have the choice to take them home though I think.

Jar Jar Im with you I wont fish those stupid a-- meat tourneys. Thats the dumbest thing the DNR does is give a permit to a tourney/contest that kills everything caught in it!! If a Bar or whoever wants to have a contest than they should have to make it a catch/release type!

I'll be there again. I'm still kinda salty about last year's tourney though... I helped out a not so experienced friend of mine and he walked out of the deal with a GPS and I went home with two fillets. This year has been a bit tougher fishing so I'm interested to see how everyone does, mostly me. So yes Steve I'll be there. Hopefully with a 22 1/2 incher this time!

STEVE

Did you know after june 14th there is now catch and release turnaments or contest in the state they can not legale put them back. Well this is what i would do after you check your fish in take them back to the watter and let them go your self that was your limmit and if they swim away great if they die well it will be dinner but the people running this event can NOT let the fish go this could end up not getting a permit again and it cant be promoted as a catch and releis contest due to it does not fall in the time frame. Well keep that in mine and good luck to you all fishing and have fun look for one 18.5 to 20 inches would be my thinking> I found some big ones yesterday in spirit lake in the weeds 3ft of watter.

Tom there you go giving away my hotspot. grin.gif

I forgot about the June 14th deal. Thats a foolish rule around here where the water stays cool enough all year. Besides I would rather keep them alive in the livewell and release them on my own than just take them home and eat them. Especially the bigger fish. I know most guys release them anyways.

Ya last year there were a ton of big fish caught. My 22" ,if I remember correctly, didnt even make the top 35.

Everyone keeps saying the eyes are slow this year. I have had a great bite for the past 3 weeks or so. Look for weeds and sharp drops. Oh if ya find baitfish surfacing and the birds feeding stay there. Cover some water, sitting and jigging wont do it. Unless you find some active fish then drift jig or lindy rig.

STEVE

sorry i was just giveing out good info but i was willing to share that info with you guys. Steve thare are lots of hot spots and you know where most of them are and i hope you do well and have lots of fun and win a good prize.

No biggy Tom I was just giving ya a little razzing. No problems. You are correct there are a lot of "Hotspots" and Im looking for them all. Ill never know them all on any given day but Im working on it. Thats what makes it so much fun is the challenge and of course the reward of feeling a tug on the end of your line.

Im headed down to Marine General after work to get my Ticket for this bad boy. Its always a fun event. See everyone there. Ill be the one with the 35th biggest walleye. grin.gif

Well shoot. If you're gonna have the 35th place wrapped up I suppose I'll just have to take 25th so I can get that upgrade on my trolling motor. You know I coulda used that ching for tuition, but if you say it's yours I'll just have to change up the game plan.

Kind of wondering where I can get the rest of the scoop on this contest?

Do you have to launch under the bridge? Would be kind of busy I would guess.

What are the hours? Cost?

Can you fish out into the lake?

Do they have any web site, that would give more info?

You can start whenever you want on Sat morning. The big lake is off limits, at least that is what I was told at M.G. Weigh in is from noon til 5pm sat and awards start at 6pm at the Bedrock Bar on West Superior Street in Lincoln Park/West End.

$30 entry fee at Marine General, Bedrock Bar, Lincoln Park Bussiness (Contact US Regarding This Word). office next to bedrock during bussiness hours. I got mine at M. G. and it took 5 minutes. They give you a pin /little badge to wear and the rules etc.

Hope to see everyone there and remember Im the guy with the 35th place eye. grin.gif

I don't know if this is the case this year, but last year we were able to buy tickets the morning of, but HAD to launch at Rice's Point. We opted to do it this way, because the year before we bought them in advance and then the weather turned out to be so miserable that we didn't even want to make an attempt. I guess this is the way the "fair weather" fisherman do it. JH

Yes you can do that this year as well but as you say you have to launch at Rices then and you have to wait til they get there to sell the tickets. By then Ill have the 35th place eye and just be waiting til noon to weigh it in. wink.gif

Green n gold call me on my cell and we can develope some sort of a game plan. Well as much of a game plan that a fair weather guy like yourself can make. blush.gif

Ya for sure. As you can see by my new sign in photo, your 35th spot went to 36th. Will be fishing this also. Just look for the red lund. Steve where are you going out of? Last year Gairfield was CROWED>>>later the load

Load I will be going out of Barkers. Looks like ya stumbled onto a big lake eye? Too bad that bite wont do ya any good. Looks like you will be hunting for #34. Maybe you will get a rod/reel out of it. grin.gif Call me on the cell and we can compare notes.

Steve, I'll give you a call on Friday. The weather looks like it might be pretty nice...a small chance of rain on Saturday, isolated. I'll probably pick up our tickets on Friday during the day. That way we can be on the water by the start time and not have to worry about monkeying around down at Garfield in the morning. JH

PS - You gonna be up at the courts tomorrow night? If so, I'll talk to ya then. We play at 9:00. Bodie will be up there too, as a critic I'm sure.

Hey Load. Gorgous looking 'eye. Cool green color to it, as oppossed to North's (Miller Genuine Draft Gold)Canadien 'eye in his photo. Both beauties. Junky....

Ill try to make it up there. It hurts to watch your 2 teams play though. Man thats some ugly ball you play! crazy.gif

I hope you fish better on Saturday than you guys play volleyball. Hey maybe I will show up me and Bodie could really be critics together! blush.gif

Quote:

Hey maybe I will show up me and Bodie could really be critics together!

...that is if you're not stuffing yourself with those nachos again all night long!!! blush.gif

BTW, I can jig a walleye rod much better than I can bump a volleyball. wink.gif

Thats not saying much! grin.gif Remember Ive seen you play?

Hey thats a Barker Island eye. Good to hear from ya Junky>>>later the load

That was easy I knew I would get that spot out of ya! grin.gif How big was it, how deep, what color, spinner or jig and most important send me the GPS coordinates. wink.gif

Steve they are realy going on the pond ond lots of them.

Thanks Tom E-mail me some of the dirty details please. [email protected] I think I know whats up but we can compare notes.

Steve, did ya change your name to Drew the second. Next you will want me to pre-fish Friday night for ya>>later the load

Hey where can a guy see the list of winnings? I will be out fishing this fun event just wondering if there is anything about it online? See you all Saturday evening in the friendly west end! cool.gif

When you buy your button you will get the whole list of goodies. Too many for me to list but a lot of real good ones. Marine General really does a great job helping out these events. Of course 35th place is $1000 but I already have that wrapped up so you guys should shoot for 1-5 wich is $100 Marine General Gift Certificates I think. grin.gif

Hey Load how come I didnt get a e-mail with the info I requested? Your not turning into another Doug are ya? grin.gif

Thanks! So 35th is a healthy 21" er? How many entries are expected? This will be my first experience so any info is helpful. What would be the best time to use the UPS landing?