• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleyes on Whitefish?

I haven't been to Whitefish since the end of May. Hoping my luck will be better for some eyes than it was then. Anyone know where they've been hiding lately?

Thanks

the fingers on upper whitefish would be a good place to start especially if you have a west wind. and i caught a few off of pickerel point and the flat south of it.

good luck!

i had the best luck with a plane hook and a 1/4 ounce sinker 5 ft from it. i used leeches. i was fishing any where from 30 to 9 ft i just would drift over the structure and wait for a bite. but i think a floating jig would work well to. i think the eye fishing will be slow because of the boat trafic because the 4th is coming up but im going to still give it a try and maby i can get some nice walleyes. hope to see you out there ill be in a crestliner fish hawk.

I got out Friday Morning and within 20 minutes had managed a 4lb and 6lb eye on Whitefish (both released). Definitely a great way to start the holiday weekend. Only got one more eater size the next morning. These were caught on a jig/leech.

i didn't do a whole lot of walleye fishing done i went after pike and bass most of the time. i managed to catch about 15 small pike trolling with deep diving crankbaits along the weed edges. and two 3lb bass. i did get a 21 inch walleye trolling with crankbaits along the weed edge on the north shore of lower whitefish. so i had a good week end to say the least. ill be back up on friday morning and i'll be going for some walleyes and hopfully i will be able to get some in the boat.

good luck hope to see you out there!

redneckid951,

when I read your post I thought I was reading something I wrote.

That's exactly what I did and pretty much exactly what I caught.

Bunch of small pike, couple nice bass and a 21in walleye, all CPR'ed

I was on Pickeral Point.

tahoe,

well lets just keep doing what we are doing and hope it keeps working!