• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RECON BATTERY

ND Jig Head

Question

Anyone have experiance with Interstate reconditioned batterys? I was having trouble with my Lowrance and poor motor starting so went to the Interstate store for a new battery. The salesman told me about recons for half price / half warrenty. I bought one and am still having trouble keeping my depht finders on. I expect low voltage but do not have a volt meter to check. This is the starting battery for the out board motor and it starts fine. What do you guys think of recons?

1 answer to this question

I think what you purchased was a battery that a previous customer bought and then returned for various reasons. They are probably recharged if ness. and then tested. If they check out good they can't sell them as new so they sell them as reconditioned. If you get it to last for two thirds of the life of a new one you got a good deal. If it fails at less then half of the life expectancy then you got hosed unless its still in its warranty then you win again!