• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shagawa Lake in Ely-pan fish

Does anyone know were to fish sunfish and crappie in this lake(Shagawa Lake in Ely). I know there, but just not where. Since the lake is 3 miles long I really don't want to take my son out and search all day and not find any or not have enough time to fish them? Or any other lakes in the area that have a equal balance of size and qty?

Thanks

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 04-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by bigspike (edited 04-16-2002).]

Bigspike...I used to fish Shagawa Lake quite a bit and I found the crappies in the bay on the North side of the lake that runs along Hwy #88 in the Spring. In the Fall i have found them in Spaulding Bay, although the crappies are very hard to find in this lake, they can be caught. If you are ever out on the lake during mid-Summer and see a large school of surfacing fish, they are most likely crappies surface feeding and you can catch them if you don't spook them. I have always marveled at the difficulty to find crappies in Shag and found it fascinating that they would be in one spot one day and then next they would be no where to be found.
Good Luck!

We used to rent a house near Olson Bay Resort, on the northwest side of the lake. There have always been some nice crappie around there, especially near the docks. My daughter used to go out just before breakfast and catch a few real early in the morning.