• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Smallies

Are there any smallies on the river? If so, where would you target them? I am heading up there for the first time on the fourth and would like to catch a few along with some walleyes. Thanks

Ya betcha there are Smallmouth in the Rainy, some brutes too. Just where would depend on time of year but spots from Clementson and on upstream is where I'd go. Right in Clementson bay you can get them. Just upstream from where the Rapid river dumps in is a granite outcrop on the US side, you can pick some there. Out from that outcrop is a rock hump in about the midle of the river that always has some on it. Upstream further around the Birchdale area there are lots of good Bassy areas. Further upstream is my favorite area for them Bass, the Manitou rapids area.

fiskyknut

You bet, the river is a great spot to catch some really nice smallies! Clementson Bay is a great spot as is the shoreline at and just up river from the Vidas landing. I'm a "Walleye guy" but catch them when I'm trolling cranks quite a bit too. They got the fight grin.gif

I'll be up there over the 4th too. Myabe I'll see you out there!

Good luck!