• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

July 4th fireworks and camping conditions

Could anyone provide times, dates, and locations of any 4th of July activities, i.e. fireworks, boat procession, etc. Also, it appears swimming temperatures are fine, however how about the biting flys and mosquitos? I am camping with small kids on an island next weekend and want to be prepared for conditions.

Thanks in advance

dont forget the ultrathon and a good screen tent

the mosquitoes this year with all the rain are fierocious walked thru my backyard last nite and lost a half a pint of blood i waas like a magenet couldnt swat them fast enuff also check with the local chamber of commerce where you are gonna be they could advise on fireworks shows too and i do believe the trib still does a listing also the explore minn paper or website should have a list too have fun

Any other updates on fireworks, July 4th activities, etc? I thought last year there was some flotilla (sp?) or water parade on the 4th weekend. Also, are mosquitos as bad as prior poster says?

The flotilla is scheduled at the Bay View Lodge for Saturday July 2nd. I think it starts around noon. Watch out for the water balloon fight out in the bay.

Tower parade early in the day(need to check with someone in Tower for exact time) and they have fireworks that start at dusk on the 4th if I remember correctly. Can go by boat or see them from McKinley park.

No kidding on the mosquitos! blush.gif

PSU, I just got back from 5days of camping up there,brought

the screen tent never needed it,never used the bug spray once!All though I wouldnt leave home without it.With that being said

fishing was great,jig&leeches 28 to 36 fow slip-bobber&leeches 18 fow off the rock point at camp at night.