• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

E-Tecs

riverdancer

Question

We are getting our new boat on Mon. and it has 200 hp E-Tec, I'm a liitle lery, any info?

14 answers to this question

Quote:

We are getting our new boat on Mon. and it has 200 hp E-Tec, I'm a liitle lery, any info?

Wear something more underneath than the pink thong the guy on the commercial wears! grin.gif

Quote:

There is nothing to be leery about.

Thats going to be one heck of a motor.

What kinda boat are you hanging it on?

Did you get the extended warranty by ordering early? grin.gif

Don't worry. From what I have seen, this motor is solid. I have a very good friend that bought his first E-Tec HO (225hp) this year. So far, he has spent 50-60 days on the water with it. It has not missed a beat. The only thing that has happened is that he has spun 2 hubs. Evidently, Evinrude is working on correcting that problem.

Good Luck and enjoy your new rig!

Pierbridge,We are getting a triton, 198x and yes we are getting the extended warranty. I have been out in it once and it was pretty cool, We are picking it up Mon, so we'll be out quite a bit I think

that is awesome that you are getting one, please let us know what you think about the performance and the fuel economy compared to your old one.

From what I have seen/heard they are one hell of a motor so enjoy!

I'm excited about the news that "As of fall 2005, the Evinrude E-TEC line-up will go from 40 through 250 hp." But they will no longer offer the Johnson of the same size any more.

We were looking at getting a 1800 Fishhawk, or something like it. I really would like to get an E-tec on it, and by the sounds of it, could now get a 150 on it.

KJ

KJSnider,

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you are interested in hanging an E-Tech on the back of a Crestliner or Lund you should do it this year. I have heard that starting next year Brunswick will require all Crestliners and Lunds be rigged with Mercury motors.

If anyone else has differing information I would be interested to hear about it as I too am very interested in the E-Tech motors, but I will not be in the market for a couple more years yet.

Quote:

if you are interested in hanging an E-Tech on the back of a Crestliner or Lund you should do it this year.

From what I've heard and been told you're right in principal, but wrong in the details... I believe what is happening is that Bombardier said they won't be offering motors or prerig to Brunswick for use on their boats.. period... so, there won't be any boats coming from the Lund or Crestliner factory (or any other brunswick brand) that have Evinrude or Johnson pre rig (control cables, control box, gauges, etc) ... a dealer can still order the boat without pre rig, and rig the boat with a evinrude or johnson.. but it'll take more time and potentially a little more expense to the customer, depending on the dealer.

Yamaha did the same thing to Brunswick for 2005... which will continue for the forseeable future I would imagine...

marine_man

That's what I have heard also. It will probably cost a little more, being you won't be getting "combination deals" from Merc and Crestliner, but will be able to order the boat not rigged, and have it done at the dealer.

KJ

PS.....has anyone seen the commercial that Evinrude made about the "extras" that one gets with a 4-stroke???? A guy at a dealer showed it to me on his computer. I guess he received it as an e-mail. It shows a guy buying his boat and a new 4-stroke, and then at different times has him getting kneed or kicked it the nether region, like at his 20-hour tune up, his various oil changes, etc... his "extras". Then of course at the end it shows that an E-tec doesn't give you those "extras". It was pretty funny, but I can't find it anywhere.

Right from the horses mouth. According to EB. @ Triton, yes he is now a Brunswick emp. however has full control over his Co.Their boats will still be available with the ETECS and will come rigged for them. We are picking the boat up tonight and can't wait to get it in the water. I will let you know how it is.

Thanks Pier Bridge, That commercial is hilarious! Still lmao!!!

We took the new boat out yeterday and all I can say is WOW. It has far surpassed everything I thought about it. We were on the St.Croix yesterday. 2-3 foot waves or swells were common but we were taking them at 45-47 mph.That boat and motor is awesome. I'm not sure how the fishing was because we were having to much fun driving it around. laugh.gifshocked.giflaugh.gifshocked.gif