• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2 Poles?

Can a person use 2 poles on the St.Croix? Say I'm fishing on the St. Croix / Taylors Falls and on the MN side. Can I set up a line and sinker with one pole and still baitcast with another? confused.gif I know this has probably been asked before but I'm too busy to search for it. grin.gif

Unless you are from WI, then you can use 3!

BTW-if you havent done a lot of fishing w/ 2 poles, a Dubuque rig is a good way to go. Run line down to a 3 way swivel, then 12" straight down to a jig(as the weight) and 2-5' out the side w/ a hook or floating jig head. Jigging or rigging w/ 2 rods gets tiring after 3-4 hours.

Well, what I was going to do was just put a big sucker, Night crawler or fat on a line and sinker and let that sit while I bait cast for muskie's and pikes.. hehe

I don't know whats biting there but I'm sure if I do some night fishing, I can find something interesting laugh.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Unless you are from WI, then you can use 3!

BTW-if you havent done a lot of fishing w/ 2 poles, a Dubuque rig is a good way to go. Run line down to a 3 way swivel, then 12" straight down to a jig(as the weight) and 2-5' out the side w/ a hook or floating jig head. Jigging or rigging w/ 2 rods gets tiring after 3-4 hours.

where are you going to be fishing? You certainly can fish two lines but it depends on what you are after and the time, place you will be fishing. A sucker after dark and early evening should net you a cat or two depending on where you are going to be. Shorefishing?... Where are you putting in at? I love the upper St. Croix, so many fish so little time!