• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

looking for any info on this lake, i would like to find some walleye. never fished the lake before but, any info on how to fish it(slips, lindys,ect.) would greatly appreciated. thanks

I've never fished this lake but I've read some posts and some info on the lake. I think lindy rigging is frequently used. I also know some people have used plastics etc in the shallower weedier parts.

~piker

I've always done good out there pitching jigs to the weed edges, or slighly into the weeds. Weedless jigs w/leeches, or you can use plastics. There are also a few midlake humps you could rig on. Or fish current areas with jigs.

thanks for the info was thinking of going to pepin but, they are having waterski days or something too many people

fish2live,

Shallow weed lines with large populations of baitfish should be the key on Tetonka right now. The deep fish may bite too but those shallow fish are usually more aggressive when you can locate them. Casting cranks or plastic can both be effective. Some good areas to start you search are near the Cannon River inlet, near Best Point, in front of the fish hatchery and near the inlet of the "lagoon".

Good luck out there. Those Tetonka 'eyes, when you find them, are nice fish! Hope you do well.

well i did find some weedlines to fish right in front of rock point and caught 2 smallmouths (i didn't even know they were in this lake) lots of sheepies, a few jumbo perch(11+inches)lots of stripers and one 13" walleye. tried everything, leaches on a spinner rig caught most fish with one big one lost on a husky jerk trolling after dark all in all not bad for a couple hours on a new lake next time i will have more time and find those walleyes grin.gif