• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

just got back

the bass are hitting jigs&plastic in the weeds

and pike on crankbaits in 6-12fow

jumbo perch on the rocks on jig&minnows

could not find any walleyes or crappies

maybe next they will be going

Thanks for the report rodman!!!!! I might have to check that out this weekend!!!!

Could anyone out there just give me a general idea of the quality of this lake, both water-wise and fish population wise? I'm heading up that way at some point this summer and may be staying on this lake. Any information would be great. In particular, what is the pike population like on this lake? thanks

LunkerG, I don't fish it much in the summer but in the winter the water is crystal clear and there are a lot of northerns but most are on the smaller side, but I was able to see some eaters come into the spear decoy.

Go to http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html and go to Frances lake and they should have some good info there.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I was out on lake Francis last Sunday. My wife and I caught 10 Northerns, one LMB and a Walleye trolling taildancers 75 feet back in 9-12 feet of water (the fish were comming up to get it). All fish are still in the lake! The Northerns ran from 19-24". The others were smaller.

At the East landing my boat trailer was covered with Eurasian Watermil Foil when it came out of the lake. Take care when going out on the lake so you don't drag some out to other places on the lake.

Oh yea I caught 3 of the Northerns.

are you sure it was eurasion water milfoil? Fished it for the past 4 years and never seen it yet, lots of northern milfoil however but not the eurasion.

Oh yea. I'm sure.

I've been to Ceder Lake. I know what it looks like.

There are other weed that look like it but when leaflet come out in fours apposeing each other it's E W M F.

Just go to the landing. Wait for a boat trailer to come out of the landing and check the weeds with the pic of E W M F. on the bullitin board at the landing.

I don't like the stuff. I will no longer fish tournaments because of it.

If it takes 2-3 trys to get your boat to plain out IT'S A BOG.