• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

June reports

I have been hearing allot about Pine but has anyone heard are had any luck around arnesens or long point. I am going to be at arnesens july 4th weekend.

Just stayed at Arnesons 17th-19th. Fri was ok, we caught 40-50 for the four of us in the boat. Most of the fish were caught on crawlers drifting, color didnt seem to matter for us. Sat the wind was up and we really couldnt get out to some of the reefs. With the top up for a shade and one drift sock out it still seemed like we were moving too fast- 1.2-1.6 mph. A 2oz weight gave good feel of the bottom. Still managed about 25 fish for the day. Fun weekend and the fish frys at night were great.

Thanks sounds promising. How deep you were fishing if you don't mind me asking. Having boat problems this year and have to rent from arnesens hopeing I don't have to go to far to find what im looking for.

rippenlips, today I fished just out of the mouth of the Warroad River. Fishing was good. minnows and crawlers worked well on hammered gold or silver spinners. Saw the border pat. boat, man that thing can move out!! (The fish were in 5 to 7 ft of water.

I spent a few hours each of the last couple of days in the shallow weeds on the west side of muskeg too, darn good bite and some dandy fish for us in 4-6fow. Pulled some nice fish right out of the bullrush beds, biggest today was 23 incher. There are the obligatory LOTW small fish in there but 3 of us did'nt string a fish less than 17 inches today. Just crazy, midafternoon, sun shining bright, high 80's low 90's for temps and the fish are a snappin in that shallow of water.....What fun! Got ours on crawlers and leeches. Was told by cc that they ran out of leeches last nite and did just as well on those power leeches too.

I'm glad the heat wave cooled a bit, hope that bite did'nt as well???

rippenlips, I've heard the bite over round Lamberts has been darn good too and thats right close to arnesons.

fiskyknut

Rippenlips- We did most of our fishing on the edge of some different reefs in about 23-27 fow. Sounds like good reports shallow though. Im no expert on the lake, we have always fished the reefs in mid/late june and have done fine. Good luck.

Fished Wednesday thru Friday and caught plenty of eyes but small. Fished 6-14 feet of water with better luck around 8 feet. Biggest fish was only 19. Spinners-minnows worked the

best. Fished some reefs for a couple of hours with nothing more than a few light bites. Fished around Pine Island and then with stronger NW winds Friday moved over to NW part of lake and fished South of Springsteel Island.

Anyone been out as far as twelve footer across from three sisters. I'm headin up Fri. to fish the weekend? Any reports would be appreciated. Thanks

rippenlips look to the reefs there have been some nice fish and good numbers of fish to just a thought if your willing to go that far.I was very happy I did my fishing buddy was also pleased with the fishing we had saturday the 25TH we plan on going out again on friday the 1ST. Good luck where ever you go.---------------raptile out

Can anyone provide a little general info on the bite this week? I have read a # of posts on both a shallow/shoreline bite, as well as some fish coming from the deeper reefs. I think there was some weedline action happening too! We have a party coming up next week with our own boats. We generally have success on the reefs. But are always willing to try whatever is working. LOL Any downrigging going on at this point? Thanks in advance for your commments!!!!

Hey G-eye, fresh reports may be a bit scarce from the past 3 days due to high winds and all the rain! I did see that there were 2 rigs parked at the warroad access yesterday, both tourists with outta state plates, I spose after driving so far to get up here folks just have to go out! Soaking rains, thunder and lightning, and high winds out of the NE kept me from venturing out.

fiskyknut

In-Laws just called. They were out to Morris Point gap to look around and said it looked like the ocean out there. Hope that changes by the weekend. I suppose it'll take some time for the big pond to settle down now.

Have a good Fourth everyone!!

MJ

Thanks Fisky... I have also spoken with a couple folks recently (along with checking LOW weather on the internet), and they reiterated the same thing. Hopefully things will improve over the weekend.

On a related note, can anyone comment on a few of the more productive types of cranks for down rigging, i.e. type, size, and color?

Thanks!

I came back from the angle yesterday. Stopped at Sunset The guides (the Edmond bros.) had put thier clients on some big fish inspite of the rain and high winds. From what I heard today was slow for a lot of people around Warroad.

Went out of Zippel Bay on Saturday and the water was very dirty next to shore. Went up Long Point and fished the west side of Twin Islands. Found a pattern and 3 of limited out on walleyes drifting over the rocks. Rough day on the water with the wind. Biggest fish was over 20 and went back in the lake. Most of the fish were over 14. All in all not a bad day on the lake