• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone have any information on this lake. Ive heard the fire department in Lake Crystal dumps sewage in there and has anyone ever caught a fish out there other than a bullhead there is suppose to be a moderate abundance of pike in there thanks in advance

Hi,

I asked the same question a few days ago in this forum. Here is the link to it. Otherwise just scroll down about 15 threads and you should see it.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=580524&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Since asking the question, I've done a bit more research and talked to some more people around Lake Crystal. Boy, you get differing reports -->

1. There's nothing in there. The DNR is waiting for the bullheads to get bigger before they stock.

2. People go ice fishing out there and get a lot of walleyes.

3. There are a lot of big bass there.

Well, based on the August 2003 DNR report, none of the above is probably true.

Their report mentions no walleyes and even if the DNR stocked in 2004 or this year, they would be very small.

I go by Mills often and have never "caught" anyone fishing there.

There are also dozens and dozens of pelican-like birds on the lake too. I don't know if that is good or bad.

I haven't been there for about a week, but the weeds don't seem to be too bad.

My guess is that there are some really nice northerns in there, but they aren't that abundant. Just a guess.

Maybe I'll get some chubs and sit out on the dock for a few hours this week......

Well thanks for the info i will probably run into you out there some time. I use the lake as a swimming lake and I have a large red pontoon so say hi and jump on

Hey rockettangler I'm not familiar with the lake but why would the fire department be dumping sewage anywhere? What would they have to do with sewage? That rumor probably started with the same person that started the "DNR is stocking mountain lions in Minnesota" rumor. Sounds a bit "fishy" to me grin.gif

~piker

Is that why we been seeing a couger around Waterville, the DNR did it?????? shocked.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

LOL! I know a lot of the people on the fire dept, and there is no sewage being dumped into that lake.But, I did see a cougar in a paddleboat chasing the pelicans last night.-Just Kidding, I had to chime in on that, too. I myself have also caught only bullheads there. I usually just use that lake to train the dog. If anyone is going to be out fishing in this area, let me know-I'd be willing to meet a couple new faces.-Later!

Dustin

Well, I just got back from Mills. I got some shiners and chubs, put a big bobber on and appropriate sinkers and sat on the dock from about 5 p.m to 9 p.m. Basically no luck.

Something was biting and taking the big bobber down, but it wasn't convincing. I'm guessing it was bullheads or maybe carp. In any case, I couldn't hook anything. ....And yes, I waited and waited and waited.

Also had three different people drop by while I was fishing - the first uses it to exercise his dog, the second uses it as a swimming hole for her son and the last person runs his Jet Ski on the lake.

I asked a couple of them what kind of fish were out there and no one had any idea.

Weeds are starting to show on the western side of the lake. However, the area around the public access and to the east continue to be quite fishable.

NOW, WHERE ARE THE FISH?????

As Dustin85 said, I would love to fish with someone on this lake or any other lake. I have nothing to offer but a sunny disposition and I have my own gear!!!!

I get the feeling that I may have already run across some of you people in the area, so here is how you can identify me (I don't wear a pink carnation in a buttonhole of my suit....)

If you ever drive by a lake in Blue Earth or Le Seueur County and see a dark green Saturn Station Wagon, that's me!!!

I also always wear a baseball cap that says "NAVY".

Hope to see some of you guys around!

Good fishing everyone and I'll probably try Mills a couple more times this week. I can be quite persistant......

Well I gues its just a lake for the bullhead fans but im gonna try throwing into the weed pockets on saturday see if i cant snag a hammerhandle.