• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cleaning out carpet in boats?

jltimm

Question

I just got back from Canada and my boat is a mess!Is there any tips as to the best way to remove the sand and dirt from the carpet?

7 answers to this question

I had my windshield break while in Canada. With the glass, dirt, sand, etc. I turned to a professional carpet cleaner in my town. He cleaned and put scotch guard down for only $75.00. It looked like new again. Well worth the money in my mind!!!!

Once a year I take a pressure washer to my carpet, I just use clean water with no soap and spray it down good. Just make sure you let it dry before you put the cover on. I usually start at the front of the boat and work my way back then pick out the sand and debry out once it dries up. Try to stay away from your electronics also.

If you don't have a lot of oil, grime, etc. to deal with and just grit-n-sand......go with a shop vac. That's what I use and it does a great job.

Of course I have to use a little elbow grease to work out some areas. But saves $$$ on the pocket book.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I use a shop vac with the corner tool to get along the edges then get the vac with a beater bar and get the rest of the floor. Once you get the sand and dirt out then its time to wash. Elevate the bow as high as possible and pressure wash the deck working toward the stern. Now get the bristle brush out with soapy water and scrub the carpet then rinse.

I just unsnap the carpet, take it out of the boat and wash it down and then damp mop the vinal floor.

I use the hand car wash. The power of the wand cleans everything and pushes all the sand to the back of the boat and you just go along the back edge with the vaccum and viola!! Clean boat for $3.00.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CigarGuy
      Nice job Bob! Fishing off the neighbors dock sucked for us. My gang is coming up Thursday night till Monday, this will be our opener, we'll hit it hard. It's a bummer my dock is mostly under water and the lift isn't in. Thanks to the neighbor around the corner for letting us park on shore at there place next weekend.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Well, I chose my screen name for a reason. 😆 Congrats to everyone
    • Bbobber
      I had a great weekend the weather was decent and fishing was good. I caught 5 walleyes 21"-25", 4 northerns largest was 32" and a 17 largemouth opening day. 2 more walleyes, 2 crappies 2 northerns on Sunday all on jig and minnows.
    • DLD24
      We had a good opener as well we could have kept limits opening day, but just kept enough for a fish fry. Then Sunday had our little friendly tourney and everyone had a pretty good day. Pulling cranks and jigs n minnows caught fish.  
    • Kettle
      Water temp today 45-50. Few fish, windy and cold 
    • Tominator692
      Had a great opening weekend. Son and I boated 51 walleye between Saturday and Sunday. Plenty of small stuff but no problem getting some nice keepers. This is a pic of the best weekend fish for us. 
    • fishingstar
      I was on Rice this weekend also. Seen boat lifts with water up to the canopy. I was the only one to catch a fish out of the hole campground It was about a 6" crappie.
    • BWpineisland
      We had a pretty good weekend. There were two couples and we limited out both Saturday and Sunday. The eyes we kept were all 15-17”.  We caught many 10-14” eyes and one 26” which was returned to the water immediately. All on a variety of jigs in 18-35’ of water. As usual the women out fished both of us😀
    • Bloatlord
      Wrong area, sorry.
    • Raven77
      I will second the advice on watching out for floating debris.  We saw a lot of floating logs and deck sections this weekend.  Also, most hazard and navigation buoys were not out yet.  I wonder how many lower units and props were destroyed this weekend?  It would be dicey if you don't know the lake.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.