• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up to Lake Vermilion for the 4th year. Interested in any walleye reports in the Frazier Bay area. My first year up there was in the last week of June and we hauled in nothing under 16 inches. We had to throw everything back and were only able to keep one fish per day! I have been up there the same time every year and have not the same sucess. I know that every year the conditions have been different and that is what makes the walleye hunt a challenge. The first year we did so well was on mid lake bars in 14-18 feet of water with leeches and minnows in the early morning. I would love to be able to have the same opportunity again.

Will be up there June 24 through the 30th. Any reports will be appreciated!

Airnuts

I thought the size limit was only 1 fish per day over 24 inches. Was I wrong?? Is there a Vermilion regulation I missed?

What I meant is that we only caught LUNKERS!

Nothing under 24 inches!

Airnuts

Vermillionfox,

As far as I know there are no size rescritions on vermillion. Then again I don't think that there are walleyes in vermillion over 24 inches anymore shocked.gif

Ryan

Was up last Friday and Saturday with my 5 year old. Walleye action was very slow on Friday...but the water was like glass and the loons were out playing (awesome). A big 10 - 12 lb norhtern nailed my jumbo leech and made my night. My heart still pounds when I think of the battle. Of course, he is back in the lake.

On Saturday, a brisk east wind made for good drifting over the sunken island on the west side of Frazier. Only had one 11 inch walleye hit. Too small. But all of a sudden we came upon a school of smallies and dropped anchor. Man, did we have fun...about an hour and a half of constant action.

Looks like the mayfly hatch is just starting.

Ely Lake Expert,

I was referring to the statewide regulation last year which I belive was no more than one over 24 inches taken each day. That was from page 17 of the 2004 regs.

Nice joke about no more big eyes in Vermilion tongue.gif. Everything fluctuates, things change. With the right approach by the DNR all will be rosy on the Big V!!