• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys, coming up to the chain on Saturday for about two weeks of vacation. I am coming all the way from Oklahoma and pulling the boat the whole way. (Not looking forward to that) I came up last year at the end of July and had some pretty good luck with the bass bite.

However, I was just curious as to what the water temp difference will be between June and July and also what the bass are doing now. Here in OK they have long moved into their summer patterns with the 95 degree heat moving in on a regular basis. Last year, I focused on deeper weed beds for bigger fish, and also could catch all the small fish i wanted for off of docks. Other than that, i didnt do to much else.

I am staying on Le Homme Deiu, but tried to fish the only lakes as well. If you guys can offer up any tips I would be grateful.

Chad

We've had some hot days and night this week, and water temps are up in the 70's now. The deep weed beds should be holding the bigger fish again. Water is up from last year...been a wet spring...You should be able to follow similar patterns to last season.

good luck and good fishing....

stop and say hi when you get to town

• 3 weeks later...

Is the water still up? Can a guy get a smaller bass boat under all of the bridges ok?

Shouldn't be a problem with any of the bridges for a small bass boat....the toughest one is from LehommeDieu to Geneva...second bridge (geneva road) it's really tight for my bayliner capri...just watch the windshield....

the rest of the channels should be no problem...

good luck

Of course that't the one that I'm worried about. Thanks for the info. Last time I was up there (2 years ago) I was able to make it under as long as I took the pedastals out and laid them on the floor. Hopefully that's all it will be again this time.......

I was up there 2nd week in June had o problem getting my 520 Ranger through but did have to remove pedestals.

I'm fine then. All I have is a 17 foot Champion. I should be fine with the pedastals out.

Thanks!