• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake bass & northern reports

I want to try this lake and want to know if it's worth my time???? I'm going for bass & northerns, any hot spots???

I would say it is worth your time.

Medicine is a great lake for crappies, gills, bass, and pike!

The bass in my avatar came out of Medicine earlier this spring.

Give it a shot. Let us know how you do.

Troll for Northerns along the shorelines but please release the big ones. People that fish that lake are very conservation motivated and we (myself included) like to protect and leave the fish that are there in the lake in the lake (CPR). That will keep it healthy for our future fisherman!

There are some nice panfish too! It can be a lot of fun but it has become a heavy recreational lake so you'll be bombarded by jetski's and pleasurecraft. Typical city lake!

Ole

Ole's right! Medicine's a remarkably fisherman friendly lake, and we'd love to keep it that way. Northerns over 24" grow slow, so take it easy on the bigger ones! Good luck getting on it unless you show up early or during the week. The French park people only allow as many trailers in as there are parking spaces, so you have to sit in a line and wait for a trailer to leave before you can launch. By 9:00 on a nice weekend day you'll be in that line.

Check with Joe at Harty's (SE corner of the lake) for bait, tackle, info, etc.

We were out on Medicine last weekend and did really well along the milfoil clumps using senkos and Gulp sinking minnows for the largemouths. There are plenty of weedy areas to fish but don't overlook the dock bite if it is really sunny. My biggest bass on Medicine have come from pitching jigs, tubes and senkos up underneath the docks.

There are a ton of anglers who practice selective harvest, dont let anyone pressure you into not keeping some for a fine dinner.