• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone have any good Crappie Lakes they would like to talk about? I have fished Island (by Sturgeon), Minasing, but Im looking for new places to explore. Thanks.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Still lookin for the elusive crappies are ya. I got some lakes for ya. Whattaya think about a get together next weekend. Any local forum guys what in.

HEY S. T.
Where are ya thinkin? in Wisc. or Minn.?
I would be interested too if my wife doesnt get too madd. went up to ULR on sat. without letting her know. Boy was she p*****.
Let me know smile.gif

Jar Jar, Minnesota. Tell the wife "I was out havin coffee with the guy's." (Andrew Dice Clay) LOL

she thought i was just going to winnieand figured i'd be home by 10p.m. i guess that's what she get's for thinkin. what lakes do ya have in mind

hey Jar Jar and Surface tension count me in. Somebody is Supposed to tell me about some SUPER DUPER crappie lake between Deer River and Northome on hghy 46 know anything about such a lake????

Lets do it. Loadmaster how do we get someone to talk. smile.gif How bout an area lake like Elora or Little Grand. If anyone has favorite place thats fine too. My mercury levels are high so anything but the bay. smile.gif
Who else is in?

S.T. tired of people being able to see ya in the dark?hehehe
i'm in just need to get my annual minn.lisc. and name the place.
you can count on me and condor in.

S.T. What weekend are you planing on meeting,the 30-31 or the 6-7? It would be fun to get together, do a little fishing and put some faces to the names.I was talking to a friend of mine that lives south of here(superior) in Danbury Wi.He was saying that they are catching the crappies up in 6" of water ,right around sunset.Have you heard anything about the fish being up in the shallows around here?

------------------

HOOK-UM

Sat. the 30th. Pout slayer do you mean 6 in. or 6 ft.? We get them in Nichol's mixed in with the Gill's in shallow water.
Lets hit Elora if the access isnt drifted in still.. Fish the 30ish ft. stuff. They bite all day.

Only in the spring of the year when they are spawning. They will actually swim whith their dorsals out of the water
Lets set a time and day. Saturdays work better for me. this could be one of my last hardwater trips because the brule opens up this weekend
KEEP ME POSTED

S.T. its on then. I need my slab fix! Give us some directins etc. and we will do it up, it will be fun to meet you all. Also any info on baits, waxies v.s. minnows? Keep us posted. See ya on the ice.

Im going to run up to Elora to see what the landing looks like. If its bad we hit another lake. Either way I will let you all know fri. cya on the lake.

What a bummer. You know that mail has to go thru I know how you all sit home on Sat. just waiting for your mail to arrive. Sure wish I had more sick leave to use. Let me know how you all did and leave a few for me. Later

Loadmaster Cant you pull a Nuemen and hide saturday's mail in the attic or something? smile.gif

Elora is a go. Trucks can get around. If anyone needs a ride I have room. Just drop a line. Last place to get minnows is Fishermena's Corner in Pike lake. Think we need a grill? Im going to be there by 10 am.

Theres 2 names. Elora or Leora.

North on hwy.53 to Three lakes rd. (a few miles after Canyon)
Take a right onto Three lakes Rd. You will come to a T in the road. Take a right there. The road will bend to the left. Shortly after the bend slow down , The access to Elora will be on the left.

S.T.
SORRY, JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE TO BE HOME EARLY ON SAT. SO I'M GOIN TO MINNESUING WHICH IS ABOUT 10 MINS. FROM MY HOUSE.
I DON'T TO P*** OFF THE WIFE BECAUSE I PLAN ON GOING TO URL WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND DON'T TO RUIN IT WITH HER. KEEP POSTED AND SOMETIME WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET TOGETHER

I guess I could pull a Cliff Claven and Ill go fishing and soembody else will deliver the mail. ST I talked to some one who was at Elora a couple of days ago and said that there was alot of slop on top of the ice. Take care I only have so much of tow rope to go out. ST when are you planning on the next trip to URL? Got the disks back today Thanks have fun trying to figure it all out

Well made it back from Elora.
Got there at 10:am like I said I would.
Checked the ice conditions while I turned the lockouts into 4x4. There was a 8"crust of once slush with 30" of good ice.
Drove out to the "SPOT". Worked out of the back of the truck for a wind break and setup for fishin with MR. Heater in the backround.
Wasnt long till Northlander showed up. He seemed OK but..
He stated Poutslayer couldnt come cuz he cant cross the state line... smile.gif
There were fish on the Vex most of the time but didnt want to cooperate at first...
Got to be around noon and thought about havin a beer. I offered one to Northlander.....
Lets just say dont start a train you cant stop... Northwood was first to ice a fish. It was a scrapin 7" gill. Wasnt long till a crappie was delt the same fate by The Northwood.
Now it was 1 tongue.gifm and Northwood said I must go now.... Little did I know he was on a work release program. I thought that bracelet on his ankel was just something the kids are wearin these day's....
So off Northlander went after consuming all my beer...
I was fishless up till now... Determanded to not be out fished I contiued to fish even tough my comptition has left...
Of coarse the crappies started to bite right about the time Northlander hit the road home... This cannot be contested seeing as no one was there but me....

........... Notice............
This post may not 100% true. But It is a bit more humorous then what actually took place.... Northlander was not drinking beer, but He is still OK... I did out fish you after you left though. grin.gif

It was nice to met you Steve. Let's do it agian .. Take care,ST

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 03-30-2002).]

Well it sounds like the fishin was the same all over. Condor and I hit Nebagamon and Minnesuing and was home before 2 p.m.
Lots of fish on the locator but no bite frown.gif
Condor and another buddy are going to URL next Sunday but I have to go to the cities so that means no fishin for another week or two. frown.gif
so I guess I'll "maybe" see ya on the ice.
GOOD LUCK JAR JAR

S.T. you shouldnt post all this info on this site! If my P.O. finds out I was out of the house and not at work I might get sent back up the river. I just know he is going to give me a U.A tonight! All joking aside I had a good time even though I outfished you by 200%. Hee Hee. WE should try to do it again if we can get some better weather. What do you know about Winnie? We may head up on Tues a.m. and check out the Perch. Thanks for the comraderie S.T. and stay in touch. P.S. you have good taste in beer! Smooooooth!

Hey Northlander, ST was not drinking a 34oz glass of P---Wate oops Budwiser was he??? Sorry I coud not make it When you only have one Sat-Sun off every six weeks Its hard choice between the honey doo list and fishing it all depends on what size cast iron pan she can find. Leave some for me.