• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello I'm staying there after the 4th. Never fished it! But the lake survey looks real good. Hoffmans resort campground tent is 26.00 per day. will be the first time at campground. water clearty is only 2.5 feet. So i would think Gold color would work, orange to. Any help would be nice too>>>>>> ty wink.gif

well in the past years on this lkake i can tell you this.... it is weedy.. so good luck... there are a few got spots out there is you can find them... one is on the othersied across from hoffmans.. there is a decent size hole and the otehr is by the point near the boat access..... comes up to 9 feet and drops off......

I fish it all the time. Have a trailer on the lake. We get some walleye, but it is slow you have to work for the fish. Trolling a shad color deep diver is best in 10 to 20ft of water. Usually only getting a couple a weekend. However, when we get them they are usually in the 26" range. It is a great crappie lake in the spring. Otherwise the crappies are tough, usually suspeded in the deep hole. The sunfish are numerous but usually on the small side. There is a descent Bass population, but really only average at best. The northerns are probabably the best fish here. With an ocaisional big fish. So far at Oak Lake Campground there has been a couple 12+ lbers with one around 20 caught that I know of.

Hello thank you so much. Is it really that weedy? Must not be if you can troll crank baits. I really like crappie fishing. Pike to.

it gets weed later in the year..... I know from the few spots I fished that you can't run anything on the bottom from about june one... it is not as bad as sturgeon though but none the les it gets worse than the other local lakes... at least that is what I think....

Hello do you know of any other lakes in the area with good walleye or crappie fishing, While we stay at hoffmans.

well sturgeon has a decent supply of each... but that lake is weedy excpet at the sand bar on the south end... so you would probably be jigging them... not sure where to go on thec rappies... you oculd try on the north end and work your way deeper... I have also heard that island is good... but never fished it

Island is good for walleye and crappie...great for bass and Northerns There's also Muskies but I only usually fish walleye,crappie and bass. Crappies can be found year round in the 40' hole by the culverts on the North end of the lake. There's also a deep hole across from the public access that holds crappies sometimes.

Hello thank you for the info. Do you know anything about hoffmans? P.S. What do the Walleyes like on island lake

On Island I've caught them most often on a white fuzzy grub with a minnow on it bounced off bottom. A nightcrawler will just be stolen by the sunnies and perch. Spinner rigs, Lindy rigs or snell with leeches work too. Expect to catch a few Northern, Bass and maybe even a muskie. Try both sides of the point right before the big bay on the North side. It's rocky on the North side and sandy on the South side toward the Island.

Hey Thanks alot. How far is Island Lake from Hoffmans? Looking forward fishing this part of the state. Always fish The highway 6 area. Island about 600 acres? Can't wait to fish. Haven't been north sence last september.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I had a place at Hoffman's for seven years. It's a pretty good place. If your bringing kids, they have a decent swimming beach and playground. There is a store on site that has bait, crawlers, leeches, minnows. A limited supply of fishing, camping gear, and lots of ice. There's a general store in Duquette two miles east of the campground that has a full line of groceries, gas, smokes, a deli and a meat counter. Also more fishing and camping gear and auto supplies.

As for a fishing report, I can't add much other than work the hump in the middle for walleyes. There's a plastic bottle marking the top of the hump, which is about seven feet, drops to 15 to 17 feet around the hump.

Hope you have good weather!!!

Woodmanmn, I drove by your place last weekend and didn't see your truck around. I thought I saw you pass me but I didn't realize it could have been you until it was too late. Been seeing any bucks around. We got a couple of fawns running around the yard and only saw 1 spike.

Thank you I fished and stayed there last week. Had a great time. caught alot of northern pike, big one was 31 inches. couple walleye big one was 24 inches. A nice little lake alot of boat traffic over the weekend. caught some crappie to.

Hey,

We've been around. My wife is living there full time now and I'm there when I don't have to be in the cities for work. Been down on Oak Lake too. We've got our pontoon docked at Oak Hills Campground, across the lake from Hoffman's. Haven't seen any bucks, just fawns and does out on the road.