• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OT: Propane contract prices??

Bushwacker

Question

This will be my third year of home ownership and the third time we will have to sign a contract for propane for the year. My question is, in 2003 our price was $.99 a gallon, last year was in the $1.10's, but this year it went to $1.46 and that is with full payment or 500 gallons or more. Has everyone's price gone up that high of the past couple years, or is it time to start shopping around. What is everyone paying per gallon?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

My contract last year was $1.10, and I bought 600 gallons for my house.

It seems a little early in the season to set a contract. I go through CHS, and they never nail down contract prices until August or September.

I agree. I contracted last August for $1.00 a gallon. Seems a bit early to be contracting already. I know the price of propane is high but dang, $1.50 a gallon is getting pricey...although, its still cheaper then my electric furnace...

I think it is early to, because the last two years it was the end of July/ beginning of August when I had to contract. I talked to a local farmer that was shopping around for his contract last week and he is paying $1.15 for commercial rates, but that is up from .$53 in 2003. He said that in researching the commercial rates they said that there normally is a window for lower prices, but this year there is doesn't look like there will be a break, and they just raised cruel oil prices again and that usually means higher LP prices will follow.

ours was 99.9 last year. Then the other day, which is real early from last year, the rates came. 1.24.9 this year. I really don't know what to think beside the fact that if you own your own tank you can shop. Me, I rent for $1.00 a year. Oh well. Mike

We fill propane cylinders here at our shop every day, and the price has jumped from 1.63 last winter to 1.20 this spring and is now back to 1.45. Expect to see it near the 1.80 mark by fall.