• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report 6-20-05

Hope everybody out there had a good Fathers day. The fishing around the area has been going more and more into the summer pattern. The fish seem to be more eager to take the leeches and crawlers, and they are starting to move from the shallow flats to more of the midlake structure.

Winnie has been pretty decent. The fish are on the bars and humps and still in the weeds. Wind will really activate the weed bite and if it is calm or little wind the humps should keep you going. On the humps I have been using jig and shiner and a rig with a leech or crawler. My snells have been about 3-4 ft nothing to long yet with a colored northland #4 hook.

Sand, Bowstring, Trout, Round and pokegama have all been do pretty decent also. On some of these smaller lakes I like using the jig and minnow even for a summer bite. I have been able to do that so far on these lakes. This time of the year the big females are starting to feed so remember to throw back them big ones.

The bass fishing on area lakes has really started heating up, so all you bass fishermen, now is the time.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

Fishing Fever Guide Service

[email protected]

Fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/

Mnfishingpros.com