• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW get together report

Yesterday, thanks to our kind and gracious host, Kaz, I attended my first FM get together. If they are all this much fun, it sure won't be my last. My day started by being the first to arrive at Kaz's place. He and I discovered we had both been in the same business(Beauty salon business) for many years and had never met. Then what ensued was a long BS session about all the mutual friends we had. It was like old home week. Here I was, having a great time with a very nice guy that I had just met, and we hadn't even been out fishing yet. That followed in due time and once again, thanks to my gracious host, I was soon out fishing with Kaz in that very nice Sportcraft boat of his. Kaz nails the first fish of the day! A 22" beautiful walleye which of course went back. Now we are both excited about the great day we were going to have. We did have a great day but nothing like the expectations that first fish triggered. We ended the day with 18 walleye's, helped by his son, his twin grandson's, and a very nice gentleman named Len. Forgot where his relationship came in. Time to head in for the big fish fry! Kaz, Len, and I got busy and filleted those fish. I should interject here that we caught most of them drifting with a crawler harness with hammered gold spinners. Also caught quite a few with some Angel Eye jigs that Jeff Beckwith had given us to try. Back at the fish fry we were treated to fabulous deep-fried walleyes by the Emeril Lagasse of all fish fryers. Jeff Beckwith of Scenic Tackle. Beau coup kudo's are due Jeff. Never tasted better deep fried walleye. I distinguished myself by eating like a pig! My only excuse was that it was so darn good! After which, there was a drawing for door prizes generously supplied by Central Boiler(walleyejon) tackle by the Old Guide(Pat Fischer) and tackle by Scenic Tackle(Jeff Beckwith) All in all, a great day. Marred by only one sad note. walleyejon had to miss the get together because his Mother had just passed away.I know all the FM members will join me in expressing our sincerest condolences to a great guy. Tight lines all! 1 DIRTBALL wink.gif P.S.-I hope I didn't forget anybody when I mentioned who donated door prizes.

Had a great time at my first FM get together. I also want to say thanks to Kaz and his family, Mr. Beckwith,Old Guide, and Curty for putting together a great day. See you all on the lake!

1DIRTBALL, you couldn't have summed it up better! Looked like everyone had plenty of walleye to eat...Fishing was excellent,wind was out of the south,(thanks for the pull with the weatherman Curt).One of my crew was Curt's brother Matt from Watertown S.D. He pulled in a 22.5 incher, caught the most, and the first fish in the boat. Hmm don't think we paid him for winning all the pots! I brought some friends along to the get-together. They all commented on all the great new people they met. Kaz, thank's for being the perfect host (once again). And a big thanks to everyone. Pat

It's just such big fun to meet up with some new people with

a passion for fishing. At every FM Get Together this has

been the case.

Who would think a guy with the handle Dirtball would have

been in the Salon business?!!!!!!!

Breezy but very fishable with a bite that got better as

the day progressed. A mountain of fillets and deep fried

Tator Tots (they are the best that way, WHO KNEW?) salads

of a half dozen varieties. Fish stories flew as everyone

recounted nearly every fish of the day. After a day of

wind in the face and big meal everyone cleared out before the mosquitos came out for their night bite.

I want to thank Walleye Jon and Central Boiler for the

great prizes, Jeff Beckwith for the sneak peak and samples

of the new Angel Eye Jig, Pat Fischer for the Old Guide

Spinnners and Kaz for the use of his perfect facility for

the event.

Rusty Miller had big crowds around his River Pro Jet Boat

again, the thing really gets peoples attention.

A good time and a great feast was had by all who attended.

It was very special to see you all either again or for the

first time.

Walleye Jon, we are all very sorry for the loss of your

Mother, see you soon.

Rick and Deitz, you boys missed a good one!

I too had an Awesome time, Even with the wind, it was just great..

Every one did an outstanding job and put together another FM event and the family grew even bigger.. I will have some pics soon.. If I can get them to work this time...???

Thanks to every one for making the trip and the prizes were great.

A moment of Silence for "Walleyejon" His mother passed on the forever fishing land and he could not make the gathering. Our hearts go out to ya John....

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks to Dick and everyone assisting in putting on the yearly gathering. It was my first time--but don't plan on missing anymore. It was great putting faces with the fm names. And for a Bemidji boy, Jeff can really cook! And those beans, WOW. 1tofish, I think it was you I bummed a beer from. I don't keep any brew around the cabin due to circumstances when the lady is with, but thanks, I owe ya.

Walleyejon, very sorry to hear about your loss. Happened to me not long ago and leaves a big hole.

Dick, thanks for the antenna stuff. I'll probably have a couple questions on the mounting. Can't use the pole I had planned on.

Fisky, I wrote down the number. I'll call ya for some rock hoppin.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone.

Just a couple things I forgot to mention in my first post. Those were outstanding beans provided by the Old Guide to compliment our fish fry. I think he "kicked 'em up a notch" with a little Tabasco sauce. Great job Pat! The highlight of the day was provided by Curt Quesnell. Man can that guy eat. He destroyed that mountain of food he ordered for breakfast with more dispatch and efficiency than a plague of locusts! I've never seen sparks fly from a man's fork before!LOL. grin.giftongue.gifwink.gif 1DIRTBALL

Sounds like you guys had a great time as usual. Sorry that I missed it, but we did well in Canada. Not too much for size, but got good numbers. The two biggest were 27 & 26.5. I didn't catch either of them. I was a good guide, though. Been thinking about you, Walleyejon. Dirtball & Fisky, I'll see you in the fall or for sure on the ice. Hold on to that ice buster bobber, Dirtball. I hope to make it to this gathering next year. Walleyejon will probably tie me up and lock me in his boat so that I won't miss it.

Not much more to be said, a great time was had by all. I went over to have breakfast with early rises and I think my favorite quote of the day was after curt had inhaled his food (I’m pretty sure he didn’t even chew) 1Dirtball looked at Curt and proclaimed his fork was ½ inch shorter than when he started.

Not much I can add either, thanks to Kaz for the houspitality, thanks to Jeff for the way tastey fish, thanks to everyone who made it up....See you all next year, if not sooner.

fiskyknut

Sounds like you guys had fun...actually it doesn't sound like it, I KNOW you had fun. Sorry I missed it.

Drove through Baudette yesterday on the way back from my wedding stuff. Missed you by a day....

Would there be an interest to have a gathering north of the border? Sioux Narrows? Kenora? Morson?

Maybe through the ice?

Jeff, sorry about the poor cell reception. YOu got me when I was half way between URL and Baudette. Poor cell service around there. Give me a holler, or email. Back in the office today and rest of the week.

Yes, it was a great time enjoyed by all!! Indeed a pleasure to meet some of the persons face to face after reading their post over the years. The GOOD TIME could not of happened, without all of the help of a bunch of good Guys. Thanks to all who assisted in the get together. Curt, Jeff, Jon, and Pat, did a great job. And thanks for all of those kind words to me too. Curt's appetite is only exceeded by his great voice and personality. And I think I did see sparks fly from his fork.. LOL. I just returned this afternoon from three more days on the big lake. Fishing continued strong on the south shore and also a trip across, to between Garden and Little Oak on Monday. My two grandsons really got into catching the Walleye, even set the hook ands pulled them in. Finally got the hang of threading the Crawler and Minnow on the hook or Jig. Jeff, that new Jig REALLY worked well. We did some comparisons, and the "Glowing eye" did the trick. Thanks again for the new samples. I'd say it gives you a 30/40% better chance of a solid strike... And the Boys appricate the autographs too.. Keith, dirtball, and I didn't know how close we had been in the same industry.. Not only many of the same people we knew, but his salon was only a block from my house. Keith, YFI, Len is my Son's Father-in-law... It was a pleasure to fish with you.. Anyhow, it was a blast, and we need to keep it going, bigger and better next year!! Take care everyone and keep the lines tight.... Kaz

I too had a blast up there and would like to thank Kaz for hosting this event and everyone involved in setting it all up. The fishing was good but most of all I had a blast just spending the day in a boat with good people. Thank you Curt for your guide services. I am looking forward to the next event up there. I am glad to hear the Angel Eye Jigs are working up there.

PS. Hemlock I took care of your Blue request for you. It was hot cooking fish so it was well needed...lol

I'm glad the get-together was a success. My heartfelt thanks for your support with Mom's passsing. She did indeed enjoy fishing and the outdoors, and I want to thank her for teaching me at a young age about conservation (C&R etc), respect for the environment, and sportmanship in general. Although she will be missed, it is a relief that she did not have to suffer a long stay in a hospitol bed after a five year battle with various forms of cancer.

I'm off to South Dakota for the 4th, so I'll be looking for you all on LOW, the following weekend. Thanks again.