• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I confronted the pigs next to the river.

I hope these guys read this. They know who they are. Two campers, young males that I judged to be not quite of drinking age, had a tent pitched next to the river, about a quarter mile down from Boy Scout landing. As I was cruising up the river, I saw what at first resembled a spread of duck decoys in the traditional j-pattern. It wasn't decoys, it was beer cans, candy wrappers, and all manner of camp refuse stretching for a hundred yards downstream. The "j" ended at the campsite. I pulled up and directly asked them if they were responsible, "did you guys do this? mad.gif" All I got from one was some dumb excuses, denials and deflection. The other just sat in dumbfounded silence with a sheepish look on his face. "I think you guys did this". It was obvious, their camp looked about as bad. I wish I had been smart enough to take a few snapshots but I was more than perturbed by their actions. After admonishing them, I retrieved their refuse from the water as they watched. They know I was offended by their actions, maybe next time they'll be a little more considerate.

Excellent work, my friend. There are always a few who feel they have the privelege to act as if they own the place. It would be nice to have their address - I would gladly pay to have 5-10 heat marinated bags of my trash Fex-Ex'd to their house for their enjoyment. mad.gif

Those are the slobs that will get every remaining camping site closed off. I would have called the police and had them arrested for under age drinking, littering and whatever else.

Good job on picking up the slobs mess Musky Hunter!!! To bad there are kids like that that their parents havent taught to respect anything especially their environment.

Good one, M.H. Those kids probably didn't get an upbringing that encouraged them to keep their trash to themselves. And it's never too late to learn. A little peer pressure can be a fearful thing.

It's really not much different up here. I'm up and down the Echo Trail all the time, and most weekends there's a fresh trail of beer can empties — one can every half mile or mile or so — punctuated by the occasional empty cardboard case or 12-pack container. Wish I'd catch someone in the act just once. Nothing like a digital photo of a can flying out the window of the vehicle with the license plate there in nice sharp letters and numbers.

Stupid people like this are what give teenagers and college students bad names. I am 23 and get just as irritated as the rest of you maybe more becuase these people are supposed to be my peers, but I would never consider throwing trashing in the water. I pack in and pack out everything when I camp.

Personally I think you let them off easy, I have yelled at many people my age for poorly representing me and others in our age group.

People want to be treated like an adult but sure as heck don't want to act like one.

Next time call the cops and let them sort the mess out, I am sure mom and dad would love a call from the cops late at night saying their son was caught drinking.