• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sonics assistant coach named new Wolves head coach.

mechanictim

The Timberwolves have a new head coach, Dwance Casey who was an assistant for the Sonics last year. He has also coached in Japan and was one of Clem Haskins assistants frown.gif.

Coach Casey says the Wolves have the talent to win they just need some improvement on defense.

Being the opptimist that I am I wish him and the Wolves the best. At least McHale won't be on the bench. Hope he can make this group of players into a team.

If the GM cant do it nobody will! Time to get rid of some deadheads! Its all about the players not the coaches. This isnt college ball they all know how it works. Too many selfish heads in that locker room. Garnett can stay the rest are trade bait.

So true. I dont thnk that the coach will be able to do it all himself. There are a few people on this team that need to be traded or released. Also its going to start with the draft in the upcoming weeks so we can see what type of team we might have next year.

You might be better off buying Clippers season tickets because the Wolves look a bunch of years out of the playoff run right now.

Just think of who they can get for the players they have. About nothing unless they trade Garnett.

The Joe Smith thing killed the team, we just kept getting older and older and now we went over the hill. With no new players our team is done for quite a few years.

What happens when we draft someone in the first round? He wont be great, we still dont have a center, we still need to get rid of everyone in my mind except Garnett, Hoiberg, and Hassell. Free agency is the only thing that will be able to help this team and I just cant see Mchale doing anything. Mchale is the cheapest guy in all of Minnesota out of basketball and in basketball.

Sonics assistant coach crazy.gif

I would have rather seen the whole management get fired and start it all over again. Get back Flip, keep Taylor and fill in the rest.

I don't want KG to be the next Mailman(no rings). Maybe, out of respect, they should trade him and try to get a good young player and a couple draft picks. I know he totally rocks and it wouldn't make the team better right away but I just don't see a scenario where we can build another team around KG in a short amount of time. KG deserves a chance to win!!!

TNFL- You do not trade the best player in the game no matter how bad the rest are- at least not if you are sober. Get rid of Garnett and you will have trouble getting anyone to buy a ticket

I know, its tough love. I just don't see them as a team moving forward. Unless our PG's learn how to play defense they won't make the playoff next year.

I would put a bet out that if they dont pickup some major talent they dont make the playoffs for another good 3-4 years or maybe even longer.