• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Beware of thieves!!!

Cory posted that he got ripped off while boat was docked on Rush, Well I also got cleaned out on same area. Took basically everything worthwhile.

Our boat was docked on the lift on East Rush. Appearently, between tues 6-13 and Wens 6-14 they came by boat and cleaned it out. They took some time and went through all compartments.

Lesson learned!! Thanks to these fools now everything will be unloaded and kept under lock and key. Maybe we were foolish to leave stuff in the boat, but that is part of the attraction of having a lake home. To be able to say I am going fishing and jump in and go.

Most of the items can and will be replaced. The only thing that will hurt for some time is our trust and security.

Sucks that this has to happen mad.gif. I was a victim of a few break in's 2 years ago and they only took Alcohol from our garage. My boat and all my gear was in there too but left alone. Good thing for me but sucks that they broke in also. I talked to my "Premium Boy" a few weeks ago about protecting my fishing gear and he said that it helps to itemize your fishing equipment. That way if things get ripped off it looks more beliveable for the company to reimburse you for your loss. The deductible still applies of course but a lot of us easily has more than enough gear to make it worth the while to file a claim.

Remember to check and make sure the doors are locked and your valuables are protected the best they can be.

Sorry to hear of the losses,

Corey Bechtold

Myself and another guy or 3 got whacked on the Clearwater Lake blackpool access. This happened a couple of weeks ago. This is the second time I have gotten it. The big key according to the cops is to keep an empty vehicle. Nothing in site at all. If anybody see's anything suspicious at these access's do not hesitate to call the police or investigate further. Leaving it be just drives up all of our insurance rates!

I think it's time to be more pro-acive. How about a little sting operation. I've had it....I posted on her last labor day weekend when my 20 horse outboard got lifted at the Lake Alexander east landing. It makes me sick! Sounds like the jerks are active on Rush right now....I'm game for a little spy vs. spy. I'm dead serious about this!! Call it a sportsmans watch program. Grab the camcorder...leave a boat out fully loaded and wait with 911 on speed dial. We start nabbing some of these (Contact US Regarding This Word) maybe the other (Contact US Regarding This Word) might think twice. Send my an email if your intersted. I live in the cities but would be more than happy to spend a weekend trying to nab these jerks. I have the "mission impossible" theme in my head now. Sorry for you losses...anything I can do to help...I'm at your service.

I too am sick of hearing about these (Contact US Regarding This Word) getting away with this. I'm all for ironman's idea. Sure it may be the wrong approach to this but enough is enough. I mean we've had at least 8 FMer's things get lifted! (some who have posted other's I know that have not posted). Lets catch them before the number rises!

~Matt Jung

I'm not planning anything illegal...it's all ligit. A couple guys staked out with video cameras to catch them in the act..then call 911 and let the boys in blue do the rest. No vigilante violence needed. I'll even put my own equipment up as bait.

Brian-that is no good man... I really feel for both you and Cory!.. sorry it happened sir!

I will deffinatly keep my eyes open in the chisago lakes area!

Last summer I had my starter battery and a couple of rods stolen from my boat as it sat on my boatlift on Minnetonka. The thieves left a lot of other stuff so I was lucky. The battery was due to be replaced anyway but it still ticked me off as it cost me a night of fishing.

I like the idea of a night watch! I was wondering if there is any type of GPS tracking unit that could be put in.......say.........a taclebox? Stuff gone, just track them to what ever rock they live under!!!

Cory Frantzick

I doubt there under a rock; the snakes slugs and other spineless creatures don't want them stinking the place up. wink.gif

Quote:

I was wondering if there is any type of GPS tracking unit that could be put in.......say.........a taclebox?

Yes, probably not for a tackle box, but you could install a unit in your boat. Do a google on vehical tracking and you'll come up with some. There are units and services similar to OnStar that will transmit your GPS coordinates to a central location. I'm wondering if a car alarm system would work to protect your boat, especially if it's on a lift.

2 years ago I went out to Fish lake midweek in maple grove with one of my college buddies that came in from indiana. Went fishing for about 2 hours (pretty cloudy and drizzling off and on so not crowded). My wife met us down there after she got off work and we went tubing for a while. Both of my cars got broken into and cleaned out at the ramp/ parking area. Both cd players gone, etc. Spoke to the Park officer that came around after we called. Said this happens all the time. (would have been nice if they had put up a warning sign) 8 cars at the ramp and parking area and 6 of the 8 got broken into. (all the ones without alarms. )Not a very good day

Well the number just went up. A friend of mine who lives in Plymouth had his tackle box stolen from his garage. They left the boat and rods alone but took the $300 dollars worth of tackle that he had. This night watch is sounding better and better!

~Matt Jung

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Lake Sarah with a buddy last week... and as we were pulling up to the dock, a couple of older gentlemen were just getting their boat in the water. Just exchanged a few pleasantries with them when one of them mentioned they stopped for coffee in Delano - only to find someone lifted a few rods right outta their boat in the parking lot!

Insane. confused.gif

People can be so disrespectful and inconsiderate. frown.gif

I wonder if there is a way to hook up a small but effective electric current to run through an alluminum boat so that when a theif comes to grab something out of the boat they get a friendly jolt.

You would just have to remember to hit a kill switch before you went to put the boat in the water.

Quote:

I wonder if there is a way to hook up a small but effective electric current to run through an alluminum boat so that when a theif comes to grab something out of the boat they get a friendly jolt.

You would just have to remember to hit a kill switch before you went to put the boat in the water.

When you say "small, but effective" you are referring to voltage in the 10,000v range right? grin.gif

I guess it could be whatever you feel is effective. I think a jolt strong enough to immobilze someone for awhile would be good. That way we can catch the people who have been stealing stuff.