• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next week Im thinking of heading up to Loain for the first time of the year. Just wondering how fishing is and what the are hitting on. Any info will be a big help.

Thanks.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I haven't fished it for a while. When those small lakes start getting a lot of pressure the quality of fishing goes down fast. Don't know how hard its been hit lately either. Best presentation is a slip sinker set 2' from the hook and held there with a splitshot. Tie on a #4 mustad hook and use a inflated crawler. Burn it out there as far as you can cast, you should be on the outside of a weed bed.

If your in a canoe troll a crawler harness, I tie my own with small blades. Panther Martins, Vibrex and Mepps spinners also work well.

It's a little late for crawlers cast from shore on Loaine Lake. It's been my experiance that rainbow lakes are good from shore until the lupen's (sp?) start blooming in the ditches. At this point I abondon fishing trout lakes all together until the fall again. If I were deadset on fishing Loaine lake this time of year and I have fished it and been succesful I'd be in a boat of some sort and trolling spinner. Small inline spinners. As far as trout lakes go Loaine lake gets ALOT of pressure. I'd consider stopping off at Briar on the way up. Same thing though, I'd take a canoe and troll. Good luck and let us know how you do.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I get rainbows and brookies all open water season long on crawlers. If your experiencing a slack time with them its possible your not getting to the right depth in which case no matter what you throw out there you'll come up with blanks. Most trout lakes you'll have to get out in a boat during the summer to get to the deeper water. In the case of loaine, I can cast 200'+ from shore and it happens to be the deepest spot in the lake.